Not Good Enough~Evan

I stood in front of the mirror glaring at myself. I hated most things about myself but it was just one of those days, where everything makes you sad. I was still amazed that Evan was with me. I know that there's so many other prettier girls that Evan could date. So why me?

I picked up my phone and scrolled through my Twitter notifications. At least a couple hundred of them where hate. I know I shouldn't let them effect me but it's hard. They all say the same things like :-
"Why is he even dating her"
"I miss Emma and Evan she was so much prettier"
"When's Evan going to dump your ugly ass and get back with Emma."

The list went on like that forever. I sat my phone down and looked back to the mirror. They where right, I was nothing compared to Emma. She was stunning and I was me. I made a decision that day that I was going to start dressing nice and looking good for Evan.

It's been a week of me dressing nice and being flirtatious but I doubt Evans really noticed. I mean he would tell me that I was pretty but he always used to say that anyway. I really am trying. It's just hard not being myself.

Evan was away filming and I thought this would be the perfect time to surprise him. I knew he'd be tired from filming all day so I hoped I'd make him feel better. I had softly curled my hair and applied some make-up. I grabbed Evans favourite lingerie that he had bought me for our anniversary and put it on. I looked in mirror and smiled. I didn't look to bad for once. I knew Evan would love this. I grabbed my silk robe and made my way downstairs.

An hour went by and I heard Evans keys at the door. I excitedly jumped up and waited for the door to open. The door slowly opened revealing Evan. Our eyes meet and he smirks causing me to blush

"How was your day?" I say as he strides over to me. You could feel the tension in the air as he looks me up and down.

"Better now you're here." He cheekily says kissing me on the cheek.

"I'm glad." I say and grab his shirt collar. He leans down but before he kisses me he yawns causing me to let him go.

"I'm sorry babe I'm just really tired tonight." He says sighing and it feels as if I've been crushed.

"Oh" is all I can manage out as he begins to take his shoes off.

"I'm sorry I'll make it up to you another night." He states not even looking at me.

"It's fine" I lie, walking up the stairs. I head to the bathroom knowing that Evan would think anything suspicious about that. I lock the door and lean my back against it. I slowly sink down the door until I'm sitting on the ground.

I done the worse thing I could've done and picked up my phone. I immediately went back to the hate tweets. I started crying again as I read the mean words. I made sure I was quite so Evan wouldn't hear. I sat there reading then until my vision became to blurred to see.

I pulled my knees to my chest and placed my head in my hands as I softly cried. A knock at the door snapped me out of my thoughts as I quickly dried my eyes. "Y/N? You in there?" I heard Evan say through the door.

I breathed out trying to compress my tears as I said "Yeah it's only me." Trying to sound happy. It didn't come out like I wanted and my voice cracked a little.

"Are you alright?" Evan quickly said his voice laced with worry.

"Yeah I'm fine." I replied but this time i sounded worse. I watched the handle move then heard Evan sigh.

"You're not fineY/N. Why's the door locked?" He says and I could tell that he wasn't leaving anytime soon.

"Evan just leave it, I'll be out in a minute." I whisper but it coming out more like a whine.

"Y/N. If you don't open this door then I'll knock it down!" Evan growls and I know he's not lying. I sigh and stand up. He can be so stubborn some times. I dry my eyes again and take a deep breath. My hand grasps the cold metal as I open the door. Evan's standing anxiously looking at me and my eyes look at the ground.

"Baby what's wrong?" Evan sympathetically says as he holds my hand.

"Im fine." I croak but he embraces me in a hug anyway. The second his arms wrap around me I break. I begin crying again and he shushes me patting my back.

"Y/N you can tell me anything. What's wrong?" He says and I try to calm myself. I look over at my phone and Evan snatches it off the counter. "What is it? It better not be that stupid ex again!" Evan growls unlocking my phone. I simply shake my head and his eyebrows furrow. I lean over him and click on the tweets. I stand back and watch his face fall as he reads them.

"Why are you reading these Y/N?" He says and I can see that he's hurt. I shrug my shoulders and he places my phone down.

"They're true." I state and look down.

"What? How can you say that. You're the most beautiful person I've ever met." He says trying to make me feel better his hands find there way to my face as he tilts my head causing me to look at him.

"Evan you know you're to good for me. You didn't even notice me when I tried my best to look good for you." I spit back and he shakes his head in disbelief.

"That's what this is about? I thought you were stunning. I think about you all the time. In fact you're all I think about. I need to stop myself sometimes from not pouncing on you when I see you. You drive me crazy Y/N, how could you not know that?" He says not breaking eye contact that entire time and I smile a little. I never knew I had this effect on him.

"Really?" I ask and he shakes his head laughing a little.

"Really." He states and he kisses me. I instantly feel so much better. He pulls away "Come on." He says turning around and grabbing my hand.

"What?" I chuckle as he walks me into our room.

"Come snuggle with me." He says lying on the bed with his arms opened. I laugh at how cute he is and crawl into bed. He wraps his arms around me squeezing me tightly so I'm fully pressed into him. He hums in response and kisses my head.

"This is my favourite. I wouldn't trade this for the world." He whispers and I smile to myself. I don't know what he sees in me but I'm glad he sees something.

••••••••••

This one was a request from @kelly-hpx I hope you enjoy it ☺️Thanks for the requests I'm happy to try anything out.

~Abbie💕