6

School has ended a few moments ago. I jerked forward as I am being pushed off the stairs I was on. I landed on my right arm, feeling the pain go all over my arm.

I took a deep breath, and lifted myself up from the ground. I looked back to see the three girls from the cafeteria. Laughing.

I winced when I accidentally put pressure on my right arm.

I was yanked by my right arm. The hand that grabbed me quickly let go of my arm when I let out a scream. I quickly shut my mouth when I saw that it was Xavier.

"Sorry," I whimpered.

He checked me out looking why I screamed. Then he took a glance at my right arm, which I was holding.

"What happen to your arm?" He asks trying not to yell. You could see the anger in his eyes. If this was a cartoon film, there would be steam coming out of his ears.

"I- uh, I—" I couldn't make out any words.

"Who did it?" Xavier asks, I can hear his breathing.

"Uhm, Mindy," I whispered looking down.

He said something in the line of, "I will fucking kill her," under his breath.

Me being me, which is stupid, spoke up.

"Please don't do anything!"

He sighs, "Fine, but it doesn't mean I'm gonna she's off the hook."

Xavier lifted me up, with some complaints he still wouldn't let me down, claiming that I am "injured". My legs have a few scratches from the fall, but it wasn't as bad as my arm. He was holding me bridal style, and I held my injured arm in my hands.

When he said that she wasn't off the hook, it reminded me to this morning when Xavier was in the office.

"Xavier?" Xavier hummed in response.

"Why were you in the office this morning?" I questioned.

"That's for me to know, and for you to never find out." He says.

He sets me in the passenger seat in his car.

He shuts my door, and went around to the driver's seat.

We drove in silence, it wasn't awkward. It was comfortable. I didn't want the radio to ruin it, because then I'll be screaming the lyrics out.

I look over to the window, and stared at the blurry objects as we pass by them. I felt myself dozing off, but I couldn't help myself but to fall asleep.

It felt like I slept for minutes, but it was hours. I was awoken by the bumps on the road, making me whimper.

"I'm so sorry!"I heard Xavier voice over the sound of wind that comes from the small opening.

I mumbled 'it's okay' under my breath, with my eyes still closed.

I rubbed my throbbing arm, to feel that it wasn't my arm. My eyes flew open as I felt the cast around my arm.

It was a bright neon pink, the color I really don't like.

"When did I get this?" I ask holding up my arm that is in the broken-arm holder thingy. I really don't know what it is called.

"Just fifteen minutes ago," he says, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked. I am seriously a deep sleeper.

"Trust me, if I woke you up, you'd wish you were sleeping," he says taking a glance at me.

"You chose neon pink, why?"

"You ask too many questions, just go back to sleep." Xavier sighs.

"But you don't even know where I live," I complained, "I don't even know where I live."

"Where do I live?" I questioned myself.

"You live next door to me," he says.

"I do?"

"Yeah, I saw you moved in yesterday." Oh, I did not know that.

The rest of the car ride was silence, just how I like it— not.

"How many more–"

"Jesus!" Xavier sighs frustratedly, startling me.

"I was gonna ask how many more minutes," I mumbled under my breath.

It wasn't long, until Xavier parked in front of a three story house. This house is definitely not mine.

Xavier turns the engine off, and got out of the car. I was about to follow, but I heard a click.

Did he— did he just?

Oh my god, he did!

I heard another click, and Xavier opens the door.

"Why in the world would you lock me in?!" I hit his torso with the back of my left hand.

"Your hurt, remember." He says shutting the door.

"Not my left arm," I grumbled.

"C'mon, we'll walk over to your house."

"It that your house?" I asked looking back to the house. 

"Yes, now stop talking." I pouted.

Soon enough I arrived at my house, finally.

From out of nowhere, Xavier unlocks the door. I chose to ignore the fact that my hot neighbor just unlocked my house door.

I sat on the couch in the living room, slouching, while staring at the bright neon pink cast.

"When your mom coming from work?" Xavier asks sitting next to me. He sets down my backpack, that I had forgot I had.

I shrugged.

My stomach grumbled, "My stomach is talking to me," I said with a serious tone.

"Okay, let's get what your stomach wants," Xavier says standing up.

As I followed him, I grew confused. How does he know where everything is? He also has a house key, which I still need to get a spare.

It seems like he's been here before.