N i n e

N I N E

「  N  I  N  E   」

:

Jake carried me on his back the entire way to our home room. Straight to our first class the dreaded maths lesson.

I'll admit maths first lesson wasn't something I was thrilled to do but I didn't mind it that much. I understood it. Not all of it but more than most you could say.

Laughing and joking I was placed onto my own two feet walking to my usual spot in the room, not before ruffling my fingers through Jakes perfectly groomed chocolate brown hair.

"Thanks for the ride Jakey." I cooed before he slapped my hands away in a huff. His hands attempting to fix his messy locks. Somehow making him look even more cuter.

As I sat down in my seat, setting out my equipment Jake friends called him over. They eyes beaming with excitement and eagerness.

" Hey Hernandez we saved you a seat"

But he declined. He turned to face them and shook is head. Making his way back in my direction. Both puzzled looks on their faces and mine. Never before had Jake decided to sit beside me in a maths class. He often enjoyed messing around with his friends.

His friends shrugged before shoving a bag on the now free chair.

Puzzled as to why he suddenly decided to sit next to me I hadn't noticed a pair of eyes burning into my flesh.

The watchful eyes of one of Jakes many admirers. This one seemed more tame than the others. She had long brown curls that rolled down her back like waves along the sandy beaches that I only dreamed of going. Perfectly plucked eyebrows and more casual comfy attire. A t-shirt that didn't show off her suffocating boobs of wearing a bra too small for her. She seemed nice, but the scowl she was giving me said otherwise.

Jake sat down beside me and instantly noticed my puzzled expression.

"What?"

"Why are you sitting with me and not your friend? Especially in maths. You hate maths."

He stared blankly at me before a smile spreads on his face. The kind that send his followers into a wild swooning frenzy.

"Stop it."

"Stop what?" He says innocently acting as though he didn't have the faintest of clues.

" You know exactly what you're doing Hernandez. It won't work"

He scoffs rolling his eyes before he nods his head at a figure across the room.