[24]: OUTLINES OF SILVER

__
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR;
[ OUTLINES OF SILVER ]
[CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

__CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR;[ OUTLINES OF SILVER ][CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

___

In a blur of motivation, Athena stood up and began making her way out the store. Her headache was still raging, but after throwing up more, gulping down an entire bottle of water, and eating stale crackers, Athena felt stable enough to make her way back home. The wound in her knee was fresh and bleeding rapidly though, and it took her longer than normal to actually stand up, much less mount the bike moments after.

"Where did I leave the damn keys," Athena mumbled lowly, patting herself down while few curses left her mouth. Just as her fingers touched the outline of the silver object she was looking for, Athena felt a cool metal surface press against the back of her head. A click following after.

"Step off the bike."

The voice was deep and scratchy, no doubt a male, and was laced with complete and utter authority. Athena felt her heart stop, almost as clearly as she felt the barrel of his gun press deeper into her head. "Step off the bike," he repeated once again, and Athena didn't hesitate to remove herself from the transportation device.

Almost instantly, she felt two pairs of hands quickly pat her down. Her axe was removed from its holster, gun snatched from the safety of her pants, and throwing knives plucked from her combat boots. "My, my, aren't you armed, young lady."

Athena didn't speak, merely side glanced at the man who had planted himself next to her. He was much older than her, maybe by twenty years, and wore a very curious expression. What caught her attention wasn't the wound on his face or the slashes on his arms, but instead the mere fact that one of his hands was replaced with a blade attached to a silver handle.

"Let's say now, where you coming from?" He asked her as another man dug out the motorcycle keys from her pocket. "Got a camp? A house maybe?"

Athena felt her insides swirl. She couldn't give away the prison, hell no, that wasn't even a possibility. Unless Glenn and Maggie had already told them.

"I'm on my own, I always have been." Athena stated calmly, keeping herself still as she felt rope slither across her wrists, bounding them together.

"Well," the man spoke, moving to stance himself before her. His breath reeked of the smell of blood, of metal, of smoke and liquor. Athena crinkled her nose, stepping back, only to bump into another. "I have this feeling inside me that says you're lying."

"And I have this feeling inside me saying that you're a grade A asshole." Athena snapped, and the man laughed before letting out a surprised holler.