Chapter Seven

Comment, please!
xoxo
__________________________

Delia
.
.
.
I was surprised that my routine went by completely unnoticed by Harry since I was usually late to Charms once a week. Not that I was complaining of course because truthfully, if Harry were to ask me right now what I was doing and why, I wouldn't have an answer. I mean, how do you tell someone you're following their childhood nemesis? Malfoy had gotten under my skin and there was no alternative explanation.
"Ron's really nervous about try-outs and I'm nervous for him too. Don't tell him I said that of course." Harry whispered at the table.
"I'm sure he'll do fine, he just needs some confidence. You ought to have some too you know. He is your best friend." I said, taking a sip of pumpkin juice. Ron and Hermione sat down just then and Harry cleared his throat.
"You ready for Quidditch try-outs, Ron?"  He asked. Ron nervously looked up at him and shook his head.
"Me getting to be Keeper is not bloody likely, mate. Besides, we all know Cormac wants it."
"You should at least try, Ronald." Hermione suggested and turned to me, disgusted at the mention of Cormac.
"You're coming right, Delia?"
"Yeah. I'll sit with you, Mione." She smiled at the shortened version of her name.
"You'd better come with me to the common room then to get a jacket. It's starting to get cold here." She got up and I excused myself to follow her up to our dormitory. On the way there, I saw Malfoy walking in our direction. My hands clammed up and I self consciously tucked my hair behind my ear. He looked at us up and down with disgust.
"Mudbloods." Malfoy walked away without a second glance and my heart sank. Why did he have to be like that?
"You get used to it, Delia. He's got nothing better to do than be a prick." I nodded and we entered our common room. She must've noticed that I was still upset because she came over to me, putting on her jacket.
"Don't let him make you feel this way. You can't control who you are and besides, pure bloods aren't any different than us. Malfoy is a just an idiot."
"Maybe he's just got a lot on his mind and he can't express himself." Hermione seemed taken aback by my comment and chuckled.
"Are you defending him, Delia?"
"N-no I just think maybe there's more to him than what we see in the hallways and in classrooms. I don't know."
"Even if there was more to him, it's buried deep, DEEP, down...under his narcissistic tendencies and enormous ego." I laughed and put on a charcoal grey beanie before looking in the mirror.

My red locks seem to be more intense in color in contrast to the oversized white knit sweater I wore. I suppose I look alright. I looked down at my shoes and bit my lip.
"These are fine right? There isn't any snow yet." My well-worn black high top converse were my favorite shoes by far.
"You're fine, Delia. Cmon!" She tugged me down the stairs and towards the Quidditch field but not before I saw a familiar head of white blonde hair again.
"Um I've got to use the loo, Mione. I'll meet you in the stands?" She nodded and I made sure she was around the corner before I turned to follow Malfoy.

He disappeared into the Room of Requirement again and I trailed behind him silently, hoping he wouldn't see me. You've picked a fantastic day to wear a white sweater in a room of dark colored things, haven't you Delia? I mentally slapped myself and hid behind a towering pile of books to see what he was up to this time. Malfoy opened a piece of parchment he had and ran a hand through his hair. He crumbled the letter and threw the parchment on the floor, punching a wardrobe near him. Malfoy looked up and I could see his eyes welling up with tears. His knuckles started to bleed from punching the half intact wardrobe and he got up, and began to throw random things. I gasped when he threw something at the pile of books I was standing behind. The books fell over to the side and I was thankful for it not toppling over onto me but I was now in plain sight. He looked me up and down in shock.
"What the fuck are you doing here, Edwards? Get out!" He yelled at me and I could see the vein popping out of his neck. I cringed at his tone but took a step towards him anyways.
"You're bleeding. Let me help you." My voice quivered slightly and he rushed towards me. He looked down at me in pure anger and I felt tears form in my eyes.
"Get. Out." He pointed to the door and I clenched my fists.
"Or what? You're going to stun me again?" His eyes softened for a millisecond before regaining their composure.
"Get out if you know what's good for you, Edwards." I stood there for a while looking up at him searching his grey eyes for any sign of emotion other than anger.
"Fine." I turned to walk away but before I reached the door I said over my shoulder,
"I hope you liked the birds the other day." I walked out and went to sit next to Hermione.
"You made it just in time. They're about to scrimmage." I forced a smile and looked towards where Harry and Ron were. He was so angry. I just don't understand why. Why won't he let anyone help? Maybe Hermione was right. If he had more to him, it had to be deep, DEEP down.

Draco
.
.
.
"I hope you liked the birds the other day." Edwards walked out and I opened my mouth to say something but I knew it was useless. I sighed and kicked the leg of a table nearest to me, making something fall off the top of it. I bent over and saw a nicely wrapped box. Inside sat an old necklace most likely worn by someone of importance considering the regality of the design. I realized then that this could be my way out. Perhaps I didn't have to kill Dumbledore directly face to face. If I could hex this necklace and have it delivered to him, he'd drop dead almost immediately. 
"This is my chance to be rid of this. All of it." I rolled up my sleeve and looked at the Dark Mark given to me by You-Know-Who himself.

I'd never asked for this.

My thoughts wandered to Edwards and how kind she'd been to me. Incredibly nosy and intrusive, but kind. I'd had my suspicions about the birds for the last few weeks that always seemed to find me but thought it was the room simply being equipped with what I needed. She thinks I'm a complete arse now. I sat up and realized she had seen me mending the cabinet. Christ. I hadn't started practicing with objects yet thankfully but what guarantees did I have that she wouldn't follow me again? However much I regretted speaking to her in the way I did, I knew it was for her benefit and safety. People like me ruin people like her.