e i g h t

🌿🌻🌿

「6歳」

It was right before Christmas break when Joshua and Tyler decided that they wanted to go to the park, even though the weather that day was a bit unbearable. They didn't mind it all too much.

Joshua's father, along with Tyler's dad decided to take the two boys. The momma's had wanted to cook dinner for when they come back.

So, with bright smiles and heavily covered up small bodies, they were off. Both of the boys were holding hands like always giggling as the pointed to objects they didn't understand and eyes with wonder as they walked in front of their fathers.

As their parents were in a heavy conversation about cars, you know, typical dad conversation, the two innocent best friends had a conversation about their future.

It was changing contrast between what they wanted to be to what they wanted to be together, and their fathers were just smitten every time they would catch their small conversation in their grown up ears.

"M'gonna buy you a house with so much flowers, and, and, you can have your own garden, Ty-Ty! S'gonna be s'pretty, like you!"

"Really?" Tyler said with a small gasp, his cherry cheeks brighter because of the cold and a giggle falling out of his redden raw lips. "D'en I'm gonna make sure you have big meals ev'ry night, Jishwa!"

Their hands tightened together, smiling so heavenly at one another, huddling a bit closer as they walked down the icy pavement.

"Alright boys, we're almost there, remember one hour max before we have to head home, okay?" Tyler's father spoke fondly, watching as the boy's looked up with the brightest of their innocent eyes and then sped off inside the gate of the park when it came to, giggling and squealing oh-so-happily.

They spent some time there, before Tyler suddenly spoke out to Joshua on the jungle gym.

"Jishwa! Le's go on the swings!"

"'Kay, Ty-Ty!" Joshua held Tyler's hand tightly, guiding the two as they slowly went down the steps and walked across the icy bark, but continuing as he spoke with little puffs of smoke coming out of his mouth. "I'll push you!"

"'Kay, Jishwa, but not too high."

"Of cours', Ty-Ty." But, before the cherry cheeked boy could ever sit on the seat, Joshua wiped it down with his sleeve with the best of his ability to make it dry, then helping the small boy on the rubber piece.

"T'ank you, Jishwa." Tyler grinned, holding tightly to the chains beside him.

"You're welcome, Ty-Ty." And Joshua reached on his tippy-toes to give Tyler a tiny kiss on his nose before going behind him to lightly push on his lower back.

They got in a little rhythm as their fathers watched from a cool bench from afar, smiling at their boys, and the two were absolutely in their own world. No one was around, mind their parents, but they were just giggling as Joshua pushed and pushed, making Tyler fly and fly a little higher each time, but of course, not too high.

"Jishwa!" Tyler laughed loudly, grip going tighter against the chains.

Joshua grinned, pushing Tyler harder, making him go just a little higher, and the curly haired brunet screamed. "Is it fun, Ty-Ty?!"

"S'fun, Jishwa!"

But suddenly and all too fast, Tyler accidentally let go, sending him flying as Joshua did a final push, and you could just hear the heart wrenching cry as the cherry cheeked boy tumbled.

"Ty-Ty!" Joshua yelled with tears forming in his eyes, rushing to his crying best friend and getting the attention of their fathers in that moment.

"What happened, Joshua?!" Joshua's father yelled from afar, both of them quickly getting up and coming towards the weeping boys.

Joshua tried to pull Tyler up from his fetal position, but the boy would just scream every time, causing Joshua's eyes to spring more tears. "M'sorry, Ty-Ty, m'so sorry! You sai' you didn't wanna go high and I pushed you too high!"

"Oh, gosh." Tyler's father said worriedly, looking at Joshua for a moment as the boy spilled more tears. "Don't worry, Joshua, it's okay."

"But, Ty-Ty-"

"It's fine." Tyler's father smiled, picking up his sobbing son in a cradle as Joshua's father rushed to his own son's side. "We should go home and get cleaned up, okay?"

And they walked back with sniffles high in the air, and the small cries of a trembling boy in his father's arms. Joshua was soon picked up by his father, shushing his cries with gentle words and Tyler's father cooing at the two to soothe both of their cries.

💫

Despite the heavy crying Tyler did, after his mother cleaned him up and only saw that he may had sprained his ankle, she wrapped it gently, all while Joshua's mother tended to the scratches on his face with Neosporin, dabbing gentle against each one with a q-tip. Tyler's mother carried the cherry cheek brunet over to Joshua who was sniffling on the green, velvet couch, and sat Tyler next to him, who quickly laid his head on Joshua's lap. She smiled at the two, quickly waking off to finish dinner with Laura as the curly haired brunet let out a few more stray tears, kissing his best friends warm forehead, and laying his own against Tyler's temple.

"M'so sorry, Ty-Ty."

Tyler was quiet for a moment, his eyes red and tired from the stinging tears. He let a few go before turning and facing Joshua's stomach. "S'fine, Jishwa, m'okay."

His expression was loose, but Joshua didn't expect much from his over exposed, tired friend. Joshua just resumed his position and laid his forehead against Tyler's temple, connecting their small hands in a tight grasp.

Tyler leaned up a bit to set a small kiss on Joshua's cheek, letting it linger before pressuring his face into Joshua's stomach. "S'kay, Jishwa, don't cry anymore, ple'se."

And the curly brunet nodded, setting a small, innocent kiss on Tyler's temple, resting his eyes as he heard Tyler's breath even out.

"Love you, Ty-Ty."

It was quiet, finally, except for the sounds coming from the kitchen and the heavenly smell of roast beef, and even, mash potatoes. Which was the boys absolute favorites.

"M'l've you too, Jishwa."

Ever so delicate.

🌿🌻🌿