r.

" I just wish she would've let us help her. " D'wight ranted as we browsed through the counter tops.

" I agree, but she didn't want that. " I shrugged, pointing to a black, tiled design.

" No, you never pair tile with wooden floors. That granite right there will set it off. " he told me.

" And that's why I brought you with me. " I hugged him, kissing his neck. " Im pretty excited about this house. "

" I'm glad you said that. There's something that's been on my mind lately. I can't stop thinking about the kids, and their situation. They're not the only ones, so I want to open up a community, and help those who have ran away from home, or even kicked out. " he explained to me.

" And I think that would be a great idea. I can even talk my boss about supplying the labor. "

" I think that would be great. " he smiled.

We got everything ordered, and walked out of the store. I said something funny, and D'wight laughed, looking down. He bumped into someone, quickly looking up.

" Gosh, I am so sorry. " he apologized.

" It's co....D'wight? " a male voice spoke. I quickly became guarded.

" Sedrick? I didn't know you stayed in Miami? "

" Up until a few weeks ago, I didnt. How have you been? I heard you went on to persue your dreams. " he asked him.

" I did, I did. Sedrick, This is Terrell. Terrell, this is Sedrick. " he introduced us, and I just nodded.

" Dang, y'all still kicking it? That's goals right there. " Sedrick smiled.

" It was nice meeting you, sir. " I grabbed D'wight by his waist, and walking away.

" Boy, what is your problem? I know you're not tripping. " he laughed. I unlocked the doors of the car and we got in. " After Angela did what she did, I should be the one that's mad. "

" That wasn't funny. "

" I'm not saying it was. " he replied. " Sedrick is an ex, but he's one that I didn't leave on bad terms. "

" Babe, how many exes do you have? " I asked him.

" Only three. " he told me. I tilted my head. " It's not my fault that I don't like negativity, gosh. "

We drove to the house, and I was impressed with the workers. They had managed to finish everything! The only thing that needed to be done was the interior, and the lawn. We got out of the car, walking inside of the house. From the way D'wight's face lit up, I knew he already had ideas.

" What are you thinking? " I looked over at him.

" Well, I think we should go with light colors, to make everything feel more modern. I say that we do baby blue through the living, and take that all the way upstairs and into the rooms. As for the carpet, I think a nice light grey, or beige would compliment everything. Now, the kitchen, because the granite is darker, and the flooring is lighter, you could probably do the same blue, or you can keep it white, and put all the detailing into the backsplash. " he explained to me. I nodded my head, trying to picture everything that he explained.

" You have no clue, do you? " he smiled, and I shook my head.

" Okay. Blue walls, grey or beige carpet, color the kitchen or put the detailed backsplash. "

" Okay, what about the light fixtures? "

" Now that, I have a good friend who can custom make chandeliers. I think I want her to make a few, especially for this walkway. Furniture placement is important because you'll have to make it look modern. "

" Okay, I can see it now, foreal. " I laughed, and I hugged him.

" Wow, you have a good eye for the interior. We might have to offer you a job. " Leyanna spoke, strutting over to us. I mentally slapped myself.

" Thank you..... "

" Leyanna. " she told him and they shook hands. " I'm the overseer for the projects that the company does. I was actually having a decorator meet me here, but it seems like the job is done. " she smiled.

" Would you look at the time, I'm sure that the kids are ready. " I told D'wight and he looked at his watch.

" True. It was nice meeting you, Leyanna. I'm D'wight, by the way. "

" D'wight? Event planner, D'wight? " she gasped and he nodded. " I should have known! You did my sisters wedding, maybe a year ago? Catherine Bailes? "

" Yes, how could I ever forget? " he smiled.

" Okay, the kids? " I interrupted them, dragging D'wight out of the house as he continued to ramble on about that wedding.