Chapter 7

It's finally Friday, no hell tomorrow. It's been two days since the dinner and I haven't seen the alpha since nor have I run. Logan's barely talked to me too, it's definitely not like him, maybe today I'll ask what his deal is.

I step out of the bathroom, throwing my silver waves into a messy ponytail. I pull my bag over my shoulder and step down the stairs quickly, hoping Victoria will be nice enough to give me a ride. I grab an apple and bite into it while stepping out the front door to the driveway.

I see Victoria's car pulling out. A boy, more like man, is bent over in the window of her car. I tilt my head and walk slowly out to them, hoping this isn't one of her 'boyfriends' who she has 'relations' with. I know if I interrupt she'll be pissed. I guess I can text Logan and ask for a ride.

Before I reach them though I see her nod with a frown and look up at me, her eyebrows crease and she speeds into the road, heading in the direction of school. The man she was talking with is still turned away from me and I'm not really sure where to go.

I turn to walk to Scars house but the man turns back and I recognise him from the day the alpha came. He smiles with bright green eyes and walks over to me, I stand awkwardly trying to figure out what I should do.

"Hi I'm Peter" he sticks his hand out to me, he's Maddox's second in command

"Hi I'm Eve" I smile shaking his hand, trying to find out why he's here

He nods with a kind, charming smile "Alpha asked me to personally drive you to school" he keeps his smile even when I raise an eyebrow and bow back in surprise

"Um...why?" I ask readjusting my bag and stepping back a little

"Just to make sure you get to school" he shrugs

I laugh nervously "That's not necessary" I smile politely but I'm not sure what all of this means "I was going to catch a ride with my friend Logan"

Peter runs his hand through his hair and smirks looking away "I'm sorry Ms. Eve, that won't do, I kinda have to do this" he chuckles "don't worry I'm nice"

It's kinda funny that someone older than me is calling me Ms. "Um..." I look around "ok sure"

He nods and smiles again "come on" he waves me along and we walk to the edge of the driveway to see his car parked on the street

He opens the door for me and I climb in, trying to decide what this is about. He climbs in and starts the car, following the same route to school as I always take.

"So...." I trail off hoping to make friendly conversation "how do you like it here so far?" I ask

He smiles "it's great, me and Lena really like the land, it's beautiful and everyone's pretty nice" he says and I smile

"I'm glad...when did you meet your mate, Lena?" I ask hesitantly, hoping he won't mind but hearing mate stories give me hope

"We had grown up together, me, Maddox, and Lena were all friends and I turned eighteen a month before her-"

"Did you tell her when you found out?" I ask in a hurry, curious to know

"No, I waited, but man was it fucking hard" he says honestly