5. The Spotlight

The excitement was clear in jasmine's eyes as they Park in the ice cream place parking lot.

she couldn't hold her excitement of picking out various flavors. She pick up her speed leaving king behind yelling "hurry up, walk faster before there's no more." Causing King to chuckle shaking his head at her.

"Slow your as down, the place ain't going nowhere" he yelled back trailing behind her.

Pulling out his phone he read a text Davonte sent in the group chat, that consisted of Him, Kai'jai and Davonte.

( Vonte) where it's at today?

(Me) I don't know yet.

( jai) My girl throwing a party for her cousin y'all should slide.

(Me) Ight. But if it's lame i'ma head home.

(vonte) I'm with you on that.

(jai) 😂😂When have my girl ever throw a lame party.

King slid his phone back in his pockets and open the door letting jasmine go In first then He stood in line with Her letting her pick out the flavor she wanted.

"I think I want vanilla, or chocolate, but I like strawberry, ooh what's that?" she asked referring to the Oreo flavor ice cream making king laugh at how the lady couldn't keep up with the questions she was shooting at her.

After jasmine finally took an decision on which flavor she wanted, well in her case she wanted all the flavor but was told to pick two in which she chooses the strawberry and vanilla flavor ice cream.

After paying for the ice cream king sat with little sister enjoying being with her after being caught up in stuff these past months.

" I ask mommy can have a car for my birthday" she randomly let out.

Kings eyes widen in shock "Aww for real and what she said?" he questioned chuckling, knowing his mom wasn't about to buy a six year old a car no matter how much they spoil her.

She nodded her head up and down and then frowned at him " she said No,"

King let out a full laugh and then stop when she crossed her arms over her chest

" my bad. maybe when you get older you'll have 3 cars "

She automatically smiled and nodded in excitement then she look behind king seeing the indoor playground that was in the shop

"Can I go play around please, Please kwing" jasmine asked shaking his arms

"yeah sure just don't go too far." She smiles as she ran to go play.

While he began texting Soroya about the party kai'jai girlfriend was throwing when he felt someone standing over him.

"You gon speak or you just going to stand there." He questioned with out looking up at her.

She glance back at the table full of girls that was winking and throwing thumb ups at her then she looked back at king "Uh yeah, my friend dared me to come talk to you, so here I am now talking to you," She stated nervously looking around.

"cool." He responded, still not paying attention to her.

It went on to five minutes of her standing there waiting for him to look up when she finally got the hint that he wasn't going to, When he felt her presence leave that's when he look up and notice she left her number on the table,