A Result.

Chapter Ten: A Result.

Jessica's POV: Before

Three minutes, that's it and then I'll know for sure besides I can't possibly actually be pregnant, right? I'm just being paranoid, there is nothing to worry about and everything is going to go back to normal. I'll go to school tomorrow without a care in the world, I might even write a letter to Parker, and when I get home from school I'll finish my college applications, everything will be great. Except I don't really think that this fantasy plan could actually be true, I have a feeling that the results are not what I'm hoping for.

"Beep. Beep. Beep." I gulped as soon as the alarm went off, my three minutes of waiting were up. I can do this. Everything is fine. I'm alright, everything is fine, I'm alright. I kept repeating that phrase as I slowly walked to my bathroom where I had left the test on the counter. I closed my eyes automatically as soon as I was within a step of my countertop, I could feel my stomach turning already and I hadn't even looked at the results yet.

Deep breathe in, exhale slowly. I'm okay, nothing bad is going to happen. When I finally gained enough courage to open my eyes there standing in the doorway was my mom who was looking at the pregnancy test with wide eyes. She looked at me when I turned my head to face her and without even looking at the test results I walked straight into her arms.

"It's okay, Jessica. We can get through this, I promise." My mom whispered as she brushed though my hair. I just stayed there, in the comforting arms of my mother as she kept whispering word of encouragement.

I don't know how long we stayed in the entrance of my bathroom for but when I finally lifted my head off of my mom's shoulder I noticed that tears were welling up in her eyes and the place where my head had been was soaked with tears, the sad part is I don't remember ever crying.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry." Were the first words out of my mouth.

"I don't want an apology, I just need to know that you are going to be alright." My mom firmly said as a reply. I smiled at that, at least I knew that my mom was going to be at my side.

"Now, how about we go downstairs, maybe eat some ice cream, and then when you feel up to it we can talk about everything, does that sound good?" I nodded in return and just as we were leaving the bathroom I looked back one last time to see the test and just like I had feared, two prominent lines stared right back at me.

~

"I just spoke with the doctor, you have an appointment scheduled for next week so that we can make sure that both you and the baby are healthy. Also, she's an amazing doctor and she'll talk you through the options that are available to you and what the next steps will be." My mom told me as soon as she hung up the phone. I nodded along to what she was telling me but my entire body feels numb, I feel as if I'm watching this from the corner of the room. I can see myself sitting at the table, I can see the blank expression that sits upon my face, and I can see my mom who looks like she is so lost as to what to do with me.

"You can tell me everything when you feel ready, I don't want rush you so you can tell me whatever and whenever you want." My mom spoke up after I didn't say anything. I know that she deserves answers but at the moment I feel like I might throw up. So, instead of saying anything I got up and rushed to the closest bathroom possible. I barely made it to the toilet before everything that had been in my stomach came rushing out of my mouth. Mom came in right behind me and held my hair out of my face until I had finished and by that time tears were streaming down my face.

"I'm s-so stupid-d, w-we should have been m-more careful and w-what am I supposed to do n-ow. H-he-he i-is..." I started to ramble as another wave of tears overtook me.

"Honey, slow down it's okay you don't need to say anything right now." My mom reassured me as she rubbed my back soothingly. I stopped trying to speak and just rested my body against the shower which helped to soothe my body even further. It took me almost ten minutes before my breathing got back to normal and my waterworks finally ended.

"It's Parker..." I whispered really quietly as I waited for my mother's reaction.

"What does this have to do with Parker?" My mom questioned but when she took in my expression. Her face contorted into one of shock and then recognition and then into sadness.

"Thank you for telling me, sweetie. I know that we can get through this, okay? I'll be here for you... I promise." My mom then gave me a hug and before I could thank her for everything she got up and left me to collect myself.

~

"Alright, so are you ready to get to see your baby?" Dr. Garrett asked me once she had sat down. I nodded and right away she got started with setting everything up. She seemed really nice and so far my appointment had been going really well, at least I think so. This past week has been stressful, to put it lightly, I had to tell my dad which didn't go quite as well as my mom but he finally came around, then my morning sickness has kicked in meaning that first period hasn't been my most attended class, and then there was the fact that I received a letter from Parker this morning and I'm still debating what to do.

"Okay, we are all set so I'm going to put this cold gel on your stomach and it's going to be really cold, just so you know." Dr. Garrett said which stopped my train of thoughts about Parker. Before I could say anything back to her the cold gel hit my bare stomach and I tensed immediately.

"You weren't joking when you said it was cold." I commented as the doctor laughed at my reaction.

"I have three kids of my own and I still get chills every single time my doctor has to put that gel on me." I laughed, at least she could relate and I wasn't just being a wuss.

"Okay, everything looks to be in good shape and if you looks just over to the left of the screen you'll be able to see your little baby." I gazed in awe at the ultrasound screen where if you looked really carefully a small peanut shaped image rested.

"Wow." I said, finding that it was the only word that would be fitting in the moment.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.

"That's your baby's heartbeat..." Dr. Garrett spoke up after silence had filled the room for what seemed like an eternity. I was still in shock from everything that was going on. I couldn't believe that I was carrying that little tiny baby inside me and I knew that I wanted this, no matter how difficult it would be.

"Would you like a sonogram picture?" Dr. Garrett ask me.

"Yes, yes. Could I have a few actually?" I asked sheepishly but instead of answering she just got right to work and soon I held in my hand five copies of my little baby.

~*~*~*~*

Hey Guys!

Another update but this time with a POV of Jessica before the boys even get back home!!

Hope You Like It!!

bookworm