Chapter Fourteen

_________________

The night has finally arrived, the rays of the sun dismissing behind the tall mountains and bringing the uninvited gloomy weather around the land. The citizens noticed the unnatural change surrounding them. The aura completely changing to the strong – building tension around them. It was something they weren't used too, neither they realized their worry about the feeling. Tension, knowing that in their land the beast is hiding and help captive, they should feel relieved that finally they're able to not hide from the night anymore, from the darkness. But, his presence still worried them to the core.

One by one, made their way to the plaza. Second by second, more people walked in with their preoccupied presence. It was unable to hide due to the lack of confidence through the past events. There was one of them involved, converting it into a life or death situation as she – the one they assumed betrayed them – was able to survive around this beast and hold a sentiment everyone would cherish, but with someone that is more human. . . than a monster.

-"Enjoying the view?" The first in command stepped beside the silver eyed man, proud to see the faces of his people. –"You have no idea" He responded silently admiring the view before him, feeling the people's fear and worry, gaining him more power over them by bringing his brother – the beast – and finally be able to destroy him. –"How's your price doing? I still am questioning your decision on choosing her as your reward, she's just a mere maiden with no future in front of her, always being envied by the villagers. Tsk, she was just a bother for everyone" The first in command expressed, not feeling pity by the young woman who he thought was like a niece. But, her betrayal showed him the real woman she is.

-"But she is indeed a beauty, sir. Despite her beauty she's more worth to keep than you think" The silver eyed murmured deep in thought of the maiden that was held in his bedroom. Tonight, something awaited her and the silver eyed couldn't wait for it to occur. –"If you say so, also, your nonsense of marrying her at this slay is completely irrelevant" The first in command informed not feeling pleased by his saviors necessity. Marrying this woman, please this idiot couldn't be more bold. He expressed in his thoughts. –"I can't wait to make her mine, that's all. Just like you can't wait to get rid of him, or am I wrong?" The silver eyed stared at the first in command, watching him nod.

Now everything is where I want it to be.

_________________

The winds brushed against the tall trees surrounding her, the abnormality of her surroundings awakening her and greeting her eyes with magnificent peace. It was silence while she awoke – her eyes adjusting to the brightness of the shinning sun above, the gray clouds surrounding the tall white mountains. The singing of the birds allowing her to stand on her feet and breathe in the relaxing oxygen – becoming unbelievable to be true. Where am I? She wondered, while her eyes scanned the whiteness of the snow beneath her feet and decorating the branches of the trees. Winter? There in the small distance stood a figure in which took her by surprise.

Her eyes scanned further more into the person but his face was off her eyes to reach and see. He was tall and dressed in black clothing, attracting her to stare further more into him. The color of his hair was black – reminding her of someone but she couldn't remember who. Do I know him? She questioned herself in the silence of her mind.

Sweetheart. . . Someone's voice echoed in her mind, catching her off guard by the tantalizing sound of the strangers voice. Sweetheart. . . He taunted deliciously with the deep sound of his voice, begging for her to notice him. Who are you? She found herself asking to her mind even if she didn't speak. Sweetheart. . . He called back, the pain in his voice broke her heart into shreds, like if she knew this voice but didn't make up of who it belonged.