Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Smoothing out the grey pencil skirt of any wrinkles I reached for my phone noticing a few messages from the office. Sighing I glanced at the silver watch on my wrist, as always I was on time. Precise timing was a most for me, I've never been late for anything before and I sure wasn't starting anytime soon especially with the three novels on my desk that needed editing.

Being an editor with no patience for laziness or cheap rip off novels written by amateurs who just got out of college I was well known in the business for boosting any class B novel into The New York Times best seller. The company I currently worked for; Weller's valued my opinion before officially signing any new authors for my business eye which hadn't been the case when I started working at the company as an assistant to one of the advertisers. It had been a long time ago but comparing my coffee fetching days to what I have become now put a proud smile on my face at my achievements.

All my success came without my family's very influential name and for that I was more -if possible proud of my solo success.

Grabbing my black thermos with my extra strong coffee I slipped my large leopard bag on my shoulder. With my phone in hand I sent a text to my assistant Amy to prep the files I sent to her last night for my meeting with a client later this morning concerning his cover and a few other details before his book's debut. Stepping out of my apartment I slipped my phone into my bag and shut the door when the one in front of me opened.

A tall, thin blonde stepped out dressed in a crumpled hot pink mini dress that no doubt was from last night. Her short blonde hair a mess on top of her head like a bird's nest, what little makeup remained from the err.... events of last night were smeared across her cheek like a child had applied it on her. She looked young maybe nineteen or so. Brushing her hair back she gave me a shy smile her cheeks flushed at getting caught leaving a stranger's apartment, the walk of shame a tradition for Wes's 'toys'. Like the others who were mortified she sped away her head lowered in either regret or humiliation.

Shaking my head I turned towards the half opened door with a scowl. The girl looked as if she just stepped off the stage with her high school diploma in hand-of course though the horny beast didn't care.

"Do you have no shame? She's a child." I spat

Strolling lazily forward in just his blue boxers Wes shrugged his broad shoulders not caring that he was in the hallway with very close to no clothing on. Carelessly leaning against the door frame he watched as the girl turned the corner and out of sight all the while keeping his gaze trained on her retreating butt.

"My girls come to me, besides she was no innocent." he spoke the words cooly as if they excuses his insensitivity

"Your a pig."

Gracing me with his devilish grin that made woman of all ages swoon he crossed his arms over his chiseled sun kissed chest.

"Your kindness towards me is too much kitty cat."

Narrowing my eyes I found a nasty comeback at the tip of my tongue but that would mean I'd fall straight into his mouse and cat game.

"Just make sure you and whatever poor lost soul you feast on tonight are quiet I'm having guests and I don't want them eating dinner to the sound of your next victim's groans."

"Victim? You make it sound as if I'm the devil." he chuckled the throaty laugh purely man

And he was purely man. Wes with his rugged good looks that resembled one of the perfectly sculpted Greek gods you saw only in museums rather than a human being with his mysterious blue-grey eyes, tousled black hair that screamed sex, a dazzling pearly smile and that body...