[23]: DROWN OUT THE NOISE

__
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE;
[ DROWN OUT THE NOISE ]
[CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

__CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE;[ DROWN OUT THE NOISE ][CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

___

Athena's axe was like her baby, but at the moment, her child was currently being used to slaughter walkers by their slightly delusional leader. Luckily Athena still carried her throwing knives and gun. It wasn't much, but it was enough to defend herself as she searched for Rick in the tombs. At least, she hoped it would be.

She weld two of the ten knives in her hands. Her fingers were looped in the hole at the top of the weapons, hands squeezing the metal as she descended deeper into the dark always.

"Shit, Rick, you really know how to out do yourself," she muttered when she came across a hall littered in walker corpses. If Athena counted correctly, there was seventeen lying on the ground with decapitated heads or blows to the head. The large open wounds signified that Rick did still have her axe. If he ever lost that thing, Athena wouldn't probably murder him herself.

The sound of groaning soon diverted Athena's attention from her thoughts to the walker appearing from the hallways corner turn.

Athena swung the knife properly into her hand before aiming and throwing the weapon towards the walkers head.

She smiled as the item entered its brain, killing the dead human once again. But just as fast as he was knocked down, four more appeared, and Athena was forced to fish another knife out of her boot.

She quickly threw the two in her hands at the approaching walkers before grabbing another and using it to stab the walker directly threw the eye. Athena felt nauseous and out of breath seeing as though she hadn't eaten for a day or two, but that wasn't important. Athena needed find Rick and take him back to the group.

As she walked the corridors and went in and out of room, Athena realized that not only had Rick left a trail of walker blood, but had entered the room where Lori gave birth and died.

For hours had Athena searched for Rick, but not once did she think that the man would be in the only area worth risking him life for.

Entering the room sent chills down Athena's back. From a distance she could see a large trail of blood on the floor from where Lori had once laid. At the sight of this, Athena covered her mouth with her hand as her stomach churned.

"Rick?" She called out, a hand on her stomach to try and keep herself from vomiting. "Are you here?"

Descending down the stairs, Athena kept two throwing knives in her right hand. She side stepped the large stain of blood before making her way down another hallway, gaze meeting a very bloated walker with multiple stab wounds that was positioned against the wall. At this, Athena let out everything in her stomach, knowing damn well what had happened to the woman's body. It was sick—Athena couldn't help but cry as she wiped her mouth and witnessed flashes of the once pregnant woman before her eyes.