Chapter 75

Happy Birthday to Maddie! Yes, that's right! Today (20th of December) is Maddison's birthday! Hooray! In honour of this occasion, I'm going to put up TWO chapters today! Aren't I amazing? :D

___________________________________________________________________________

**George’s POV**

“And I think it would really help with the sales.”

“I don’t know,” Maddie says thoughtfully, bouncing Alithea on her knee, “the theory works, but-”

“We’d definitely have to iron out some kinks,” Fred agrees, “but overall-”

“It’s not a bad idea,” Maddie concludes.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder who the twins are.

“Speaking of ideas,” Fred says with an eye roll, “Mum wants us all back for Christmas.”

“We always spend Christmas at the Burrow,” I point out.

“Yeah, but she wants us all there for the holidays,” he says, “I think she just wants more people for Fleur to talk to.”

We all exchange glances and then laugh.

“We might as well,” Maddie shrugs, “if everyone doesn’t mind a noisy, sick baby.”

“Mum’ll be delighted,” Fred says, “she’s been trying to get me to move back in. Reckons she’s getting lonely.”

“She has Order members passing through all the time,” I point out, “apparently Tonks is rarely away from the place.”

“I dunno,” Fred shrugs, “I don’t even know how we’ll all fit.”

“Who’s going to be there?”

“Bill, Fleur, Harry, Ron and Hermione-”

“Not Hermione,” I interrupt, “she’s spending Christmas with her parents.”

“Why’s that?” I ask, surprised. Hermione, Ron and Harry are inseparable.

“Apparently Ron has a girlfriend,” Maddie shrugs.

“WHAT?!” Fred and I leap to our feet.

“Why didn’t you tell us this?” I ask.

“Because I know you’ll only give him hell about it.”

“Who is it?” Fred asks eagerly. Maddie cracks a grin.

“Lavender Brown.”

“You’re joking!” I laugh, “Lavender Brown?”

Fred is doubled over in laughter. Maddie shoots him a look, half amused, half reprimanding.

We all sober up as the shop bell tinkles.

“How may we help- Oh, hi Mum,” Fred says.

“Hello dear,” Mum says, stretching up to give him a kiss on the cheek, “George! Come here.”

I allow myself to be pulled into a strangle hold – uh, hug. Mum kisses Maddie and Alithea and then turns to us all.

“I suppose Fred’s already told you about Christmas?” she asks.

“Yeah, he has,” I nod, sitting on the desk next to Maddie.

“Oh, good, when can we expect you?”