Three

Ava's POV

After a few minutes and a couple of autographs later Lana and I finally made it to baggage claim and got our luggage.

I didn't like the plain ride, but I did like the part when we were trying to get to the baggage claim because Lana just grabbed a hold of my hand and didn't let go the whole way there.

"Hey, um where are we going now" I asked as Lana put our things in the taxi we reserved.

"We are going to the house" she replied with a smile.

"Is your house big" I asked having a feeling it was about to be 20 questions.

"Yeah. I sapose" Lana replied with a chuckle.

"Well, if it's big we're probably going to feel lonely. You know with it just being the two of us, right." I asked once again now looking at her.

"Ava, it's not just going to be us two" she answered.

"What do you mean" I asked raising one eyebrow.

"What's with all the questions" Lana now asked me laughing while asking.

"I just want to know more about you" I replied looking down.

"But, for real though. What do you mean when you say it's not just the two if us." I asked returning my eyes to her.

"Well, there's Jack, Patrick, Matthew, and your dad Alfredo" she said looking at me fully since we had a drive.

A soon as Lana said Father I instantly tensed up. I guess it's because my 'dad' was never really around so I didn't really have a strong father figure around. Because of that I don't trust boys. And now I have to live in a house full of them.

"Ava, are you alright" Lana asks placing her hand on mine.

"Um, I..I" I struggled to find a way to tell her.

"What is it baby" she asked me in such a caring voice.

"It's just that my adopted father was never really at home, which resulted in him never being there for me. Because of that; I don't really trust men, and now I have to live in a house full of them. So, I guess I just don't feel very comfterble." I confessed as I let one single tear fall.

What's wrong with me!!!! I just met this woman and now I'm pouring my heart out to her. And not only that I'm now crying in front of her, something I promised myself I would NOT do!

"Avanna honey, listen to me. Alfredo and the boys are the nicest people in the world. And if I know them truly at all they won't do anything and I mean anything to hurt you. And Fred; I promise you will always be there for you. He's always there for me and the boys. He won't treat you any differently. And Jack, Patrick, and Matthew are the best listeners and make the best friends" she replied very carefully.

"Promise" I asked her tears now flowing freely.

"I promise" she answered bringing up her hand and wiping away my tears.

I know that I said I was mad at her, but at this point I just couldn't help myself. I looked at her and and gave her the biggest hug I could ever give anyone. And said the one thing I thought I would never say to her...

"I love you mom" I said. I shocked myself.

"I love too Ava" she said and hugged me tighter.

Lana's POV

Sitting here listening to Ava pour her heart out saddened me. I mean I gave her up thinking she would be better off, but I was so wrong. I mean her dad wasn't even there and now she resents men.