thirty

I make my way through the course, showing the troop how to do the obstacles. They have yet to learn of my disability and I don't know the reaction it may bring. Our first month of training was rigorous; undoubtedly the most muscle was gained during that period.

In myself, at least, I've grown more positive being here. The strength I've gained makes me know I'm doing this for the right reasons and my fear of being here is nearly dissolved. But while being here, I have yet to speak to Allie. The time just doesn't allow me to. It worries me sick to think that she could potentially have a baby, but I feel like she had a plan.

"Styles," I hear Commander say, my feet walking towards him.

"Take a break. Use a call," he says, my head giving a curt nod. I run into the camp and grab a phone, dialing her number on facetime.

Then its connecting and I see her beautiful face. My hand covers my mouth and she laughs, my eyes squeezing shut. It hit me hard seeing her and I feel my heart clench, my eyes releasing tears.

"Shit," I whisper, her beautiful features in my sight.

"Harry," she says, my happiness peaking right now.

"How are you, baby?" I ask, her smile bright.

"I'm good. School is keeping me busy," she says, my head nodding.

"Is everything okay? The...you know," I say, her head nodding.

"No worries. I'm not," she says, my head nodding. I don't know if I'm ready for kids. It took me so long to get used to having Allie care for me. Kids are attached to their parents and I need to learn to love myself stronger first.

"How is everything over there? Are you in any pain?" she asks, my head shaking.

"Surprisingly not. The training went well and now we're moving into technique," I explain, her smile never leaving her face. It looks like she's laying in bed, her hair splayed across the pillow behind her.

"You gain weight?" she asks, my head nodding.

"Like fifteen pounds," I tell her, her jaw dropping. "But it's pure muscle."

"Holy shit, Harry," she says, my lips releasing a laugh. It's so good to see her and I'm getting an extra boost of confidence.

"How is that possible? You were already so muscular?" she states, my lips curving.

"I toned up my stomach and my ass," I say, her laugh making me smile. "Not to mention my arms and shoulders."

"You look broader on the screen. You look good," she says, my lips curving.

"I miss you like crazy," I tell her, her eyes looking at me.

"Me too. But you stay strong, baby. You have to," she tells me, Allie knowing I can't lose my focus here.

"I know, but that won't stop me from constantly wanting my girl," I say, her smile huge.

"Styles, we need you out on the main court," I hear another Sergeant say.

"Yes, sir," I say, my head turning to look down at her.

"I love you, baby. I'll talk to you soon," I say quickly, Allie nodding.

"I love you. See you later," she says, blowing me a kiss before ending the call. I return the phone and go to the court, circling up with the other men and women.

I stay in my stance and we got through a few explanations, leading the men and women to a new place. We start to go on a run and that's when the pain is starting to settle in.

"Hold," I say, the other Sergeants stopping the group. I sit down and one of the Sergeants steadies me, my knee in a little pain.

"Sergeant?" a woman asks, my head giving a curt nod.

"You alright, sir?" she asks, my lips in a firm line.

"Since you asked, you all should know my story," I state, the Sergeants helping me stand.

"When I was twenty two, I was sent into combat with my platoon and we were hit. Most of my platoon was lost and killed, but I suffered a hit. This is my result," I state, lifting my pants and showing the prosthetic. Most of them are in shock, my perseveration proving my strength.

"I'm here because of my needed strength to get over the accident and the need to stay positive. Prove to myself that I can do everything I could do before, but the pain becomes unbearable some days," I explain, moving my body back to sit. The pant leg is placed back down and I re-lace the boot up, getting back to my feet.

"Stay strong, persevere, and live as if every day is your last," I state, turning and signaling to go forward. And we run again, my pain only pushing me to go further. I make conversation with a few of the Sergeants, one of them talking about her two year old at home. Her son is apparently a troublemaker but she realizes being here that she would take a troublemaker over a year away any day. But she's here the same reason as me. Prove to herself she can do this.

"My fiancée and I haven't even planned a wedding yet. I asked her to marry me a few months before I came here, after she was in an accident. I couldn't think about spending the rest of my life with someone else," I say, her smile there.

"You guys want to have any kids?" she asks, my shoulders shrugging.

"She's six years younger than me. She's twenty one and I'm twenty seven. We still have a lot of time," I say, her head nodding.

"Yeah, my husband is three years older than me. He wanted a baby so bad. If you have a son, you'd be amazed at how much it'll change you. Since Robby was born, my husband is all about the boy. It's like he wants his son to be just like him," she says, my lips curving.

"I hadn't really thought about having kids until we almost got pregnant. She took a Plan B so we halted it. She's still taking classes, and I want her to pursue what she loves."

I can tell Sergeant Krista thinks I'm whipped and I laugh, the two of us getting along very well. We get back to camp and we break up for dinner, Krista and I eating together. Finally having someone to talk to while here makes it easier for the days to pass. I'm just a few months away from going back home to my beautiful Allie.

~*~*~*~*~

Hey Loves!

Please VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!!

Much Love! <3 xoxo