Chapter 8: The Date

It's been almost a month since college started and I'd adapted with my schedule. When they say college was fun, I did trust them. But now when I thought about it, I would like to go back to high school.

The homeworks made me going nuts! These past few days, me and Hailey spent at her dorm mostly doing our homeworks. College was a big deal, so there was no way I would screw it up.
Hailey changed a little since college. Back in high school, we would do our homeworks together and joined the study club. Now, she seemed lazy and mostly she copied my works.

I didn't mind actually. But when I needed her help, she couldn't. It made me upset sometimes but I didn't tell her. Most of the time, she texted with Kevin. I guessed her lack of motivation was because he wasn't around.

Mike still following me and terroring me to go at a date with him. I wanted to, but I put my studies first. I told him about it but he kept insisting me to have a coffee with him.

Yesterday, he asked me again for a thousand time. I said I'd go to a date with him so that he would shut up. He seemed glad and said that he would be at my apartment on Saturday at 7 PM.

So here I was, dressing for the date. I wore a red polkadot blouse with black skirt that came to my knees. I applied eyeliner and mascara. I didn't want to look fancy so I just let my straight hair down to my back.

I went out of my room and headed to kitchen for some water. Brian and Ethan were in the kitchen too. Their heads turned to me and stared like I was a ghost.

"What?", I snapped.

"Y-you look nice. Where're you going? ", Brian stuttered.

"I have a date", I sighed, opening the fridge and grab a bottle of water.

"Really? and who's this lucky guy?", Brian's eyes brighten. I took a glance to Ethan and he didn't look happy. What was in him?

"Well, just an idiot in my class", I muttered, finishing my drink.

"Okay, have fun then", Brian was confused with my answer.

"How about you?", I asked him.

"What about me?", he asked

"Don't play dumb with me. I know you have a girlfriend", I said

"How do you know that?", he confused. I raised my brows and my eyes turned to Ethan.

Brian noticed and widened his eyes to his best friend. "You told her?"

Ethan shrugged. "Wait, you don't want me to know?", I asked, irritated.

"No, it's just... I want to tell you myself", he said. "And since you've known, I'll let you guys meet. You're gonna love her", he smiled. He seemed really like this girl.

Before I could answer him, the bell rang. It must be Mike. I sighed and headed to the door.

I opened the door and revealing Mike with his huge grin. He wore a navy blue shirt with dark blazer and jeans. I got to admit, he looked H-O-T.

I realized that I was staring him too long that he chuckled. "You look pretty", he said.

"Um, thanks. You too", I blushed.

"Well, who we have here?", Brian appeared from my back, making me jumped. Ethan was here too.

"Hi, I'm Mike", he extended his hand to Brian. Brian welcomed it and shook his hand so was Ethan, but Ethan kept scowling him.

"I bet you're Linda's date, right?", Brian asked but I could sense his protective side.

"Yes, sir", Mike looked nervous.