Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 3

Dedicated to crazycharm for voting and commenting!=)

Rejecting the Rejected

Chapter 3

I was running. Running away from something. More like someone. A white nightie flapped against my legs as I ran away. The moonlight reflected against my pale legs. Long golden locks tangled in my face.

I was numb. It was as if I couldn’t feel anything besides the wet tears streaming down my face.

 I heard a deep howl and immediately knew he was getting closer and closer. A feeling of panic arose as I the thump of paws came closer and closer.

 My heels hit the soft ground as I weaved in and out of trees trying to throw off the path of the wolf behind me.

The wolf would not give up though. I could feel his hot breath at the edge of my heels. I was very tired, and my breathing came out in short huffs. I forced my legs to run faster, but I resulted in tripping over a tree root.

I let out a sharp cry as I felt my ankle snap. The fall turned me around completely so I was now face to face with this vicious creature.

I trembled as I looked at the towering dark wolf that was snarling and snapping its teeth at me. The evil glint in his eye made it look as if he was enjoying it.

My heart was pounding so hard all I could hear was its fast beats ring through my ears. I tried to back up slowly, but the wolf was quick and stepped on my hurt ankle.

I howled in pain as his body weight stepped on my ankle. He smiled in satisfactory and stepped on my left ankle with his right paw.

I couldn’t stop the loud cry from escaping my lips as my other ankle gave away with a pop. By this time tears were escaping my eyes like a waterfall.

I was trapped. This was my final moment. And there was nothing I could do to escape. I slumped down into the ground and waited for death to come.

The wolf sensed my surrender and howled in victory. I opened my eyes to see the stars one last time when a huge paw slashed my face.

I gasped in pain and sat up. I held my face and checked my ankles but I saw nothing wrong with them. I looked frantically around to see I was tangled in my bed sheets in my painfully boring room. My throat was unbelievingly dry and my head pounded against my skull.

It seemed so real.

The girl in my dream wasn’t me. The girl had long blonde hair, which clearly isn’t my dirt colored brown hair. I could tell she was human. For one she didn’t shift which would be a no brainer if you have a wolf chasing after you. Two she definitely had no clue what was even chasing her.

The weird part about it though was how it felt like a memory. I could feel all of her pain and her emotions. Weird.

I looked over at my alarm clock to see it was only three in the morning. After that dream I don’t think I am going to go to sleep anytime soon.

I hopped out of bed and tiptoed down the stairs. I headed towards the kitchen and grabbed a glass and filled it up with cold water.

As soon as the cold liquid ran down my throat, I instantly felt better. I set the glass on the counter. I was about to get aspirin when out of the corner of my eye I saw something gleaming form the moonlight streaming through the window. I turned my head to see my dad’s car keys. I guess he did get home pretty late.

I grabbed the aspirin and downed it with my water. I walked into the den and set myself on the couch. I flipped on the TV. I turned it down so I wouldn’t wake my dad up after the long night he had.