Meet Again

🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙🍙

Weeks past since Hinata was sent to America. No one had heard from Momiji who had locked himself inside his house.

When Tohru had called Hana, she told her that Megumi had locked himself in his room and she could barely convince him to come out to eat, and when she could, his face was similar to hers before she met Tohru.

Tohru tried several times to visit both Momiji and Megumi but was inevitably met with silence.

Tohru may be an airhead but even she could tell that Hinata had a crush on Momiji and vice versa. When Hana told her that Megumi too had a crush on Hinata, it surprised her at first before she wondered how she missed it and felt heavier in her heart, just another person to feel the pain.

🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰🐰

Momiji sat in his empty, cold house. His violin case collecting dust in the corner, surrounded by wilted red leaves that probably fell from a tree. It was fall after all.

In front of him sat the note, unopened and worn from gentle touches.

His cheeks and eyes were shiny with long dried tears that never seemed to dry.

Everyday was spent the same.

Eat. Stare. Bathe. Sleep.

He couldn't find it in himself to do anything else.

Everything else he did reminded him of her.

It was as if the world was laughing at him, maybe it was. He really was pathetic.

If she was here, she would've smacked some sense into him. She would have yelled at him for being depressed but then listened to him cry and rant before comforting him, then she would gently pick him up again. Because that was just who she was.

But she wasn't here anymore?
Was she?

Momiji chuckled bitterly, no more tears to drip down. He had already cried them all.

He didn't move when they called for him, trying to break down his door but stopped by Tohru.

He didn't respond when Akito taunted him from the windows.

He only cried when Tohru tried to call him out.

He didn't blink when he heard Tohru had confessed to Kyo.

He was strangely empty with only a bit of worry when he heard Tohru was in the hospital but going to be fine.

He just stared down at the note, tied by her plastic Nutmeg Geranium.

He couldn't bring himself to open it.

What if it confirmed his worst fears and described her hate for him?

"Momiji-nii?" He heard a voice call from the hallway of his home.

Momiji cursed himself for forgetting to lock the door after throwing out his trash.

"Oi, we know you are here, now tell us what the hell is going on?" He heard a small boys voice say in frustration.

Momiji stood up on shaky legs that hadn't moved in hours.

He slowly walked out of his bedroom and into the hall.

"Momiji-nii, why are you sad?" Kisa asked in confusion of his red eyes that he had spent days wiping tears away from.

"Some...thing very bad happened." He forced out, choked and scratchy.

Kisa blinked up innocently confused while Hiro looked at him with dread. As if he knew what happened and only needed him to confirm it.