chapter 10

The large wooden door opened and I was instantly engulfed with a hug. I hesitated but hugged Dylan back, I didn't care if this was partly his fault. What Dylan said was completely unexpected "I'm sorry." I pulled away and looked up at him confused. "I honestly didn't think you would show up this way." I must've looked terrible, smudged make up and puffy cheeks.

Dylan invited my inside and I told him everything that happened. "Why was he so defensive? I know what happened last week was a fair enough reason but if I want to talk to you I can." "Yeah I know but Cole does get very overprotective but I would never think he would tell you to leave your own apartment."

Dylan was surprisingly more than accommodating. He allowed my to stay in his guest bedroom for as long as I needed. Unfortunately I had very little of my things with me, so I stole one of his shirts to sleep in. After a lot of overthinking I finally fell asleep.

---

I woke up to the sun peeking through the curtains and the smell of delicious food. I rolled over and found I had 12 missed calls and 8 texts all from Cole.

Y/n I am so so so sorry

I didn't mean any of it

Please come back

Babe please answer

I locked my phone before reading the rest of them. I didn't want to think about Cole right now.

I lazily stumbled out of bed and walked into the kitchen to find Dylan making pancakes and putting berries in bowls. "Do you always go to this much trouble for guests?" I laughed he looked up at me startled and then smiled. "Well no but I think you deserve something nice." I gave him a hug and thanked him.

"Cole called and texted me a million times, he's really sorry." Dylan raised his eyebrows and looked at me as if to say 'really?' "I should go talk to him." "No I disagree, let him come to you." "He practically did, do you want to read what he said?" Before I could hand him my phone there was a knock at the door. "One sec." Dylan went to answer it while I got myself pancakes.

"Cole! What can I do for you?" My heart started to race and I wondered if I should go. "Y/n's here isn't she? Can I see her please?" "Sorry bro she's not here." I rolled my eyes and made my way to the door. "Dylan seriously?" I scowled at him and he moved to the side so I could see Cole. He looked like a mess, I could tell he'd been drinking.

"Oh my god I am so sorry I don't know what I was thinking, that wasn't me at all." Dylan started to laugh at Coles words. I didn't know what to say so I folded my arms and looked at the floor. "Why are you wearing his shirt?" Cole asked and I instantly felt furious. "Oh I'm sorry would you prefer me to walk around naked?"

Cole looked down, embarrassed and regretful. "I'm honestly very sorry, please come back and we can talk about it." I sighed unsure of what to do. Cole obviously regretted everything he said last night but I felt like we needed space. "Alright, but I'm finishing my breakfast." I winked at Dylan, shit that was probably a bad idea but oh well.

Coles P.O.V

I didn't have any right to be jealous right now but I couldn't help it. Y/n was wearing Dylan's shirt and she just winked at him, what was that about? Dylan stepped aside so I could walk in.

My eyelids were heavy and the bags under my eyes were much worse than usual. I would have  come here last night when y/n didn't reply to me but I figured she needed space. But I regret going to that bar last night, my head was pounding.

We all sat at the kitchen table, I wasn't hungry or in the mood to talk so I sat in silence. Y/n and Dylan were talking and laughing, I was saddened by how much they got along. I wouldn't mind them being friends but I know Dylan has a lot more in mind. But who wouldn't? She was so beautiful, she had no make up and her hair was a complete mess but I couldn't take my eyes off her. I can't believe I fucked this up.

"I'm gonna get dressed and grab my things" y/n said and she disappeared into the other room. "Uh thanks a lot." I spoke up and cleared my throat. "For what?" Dylan replied. "For looking after her when I fucked up." Dylan chuckled slightly "I was happy to" he said with a shrug. "But you gotta cut that shit out, do you know how upset she was?" I looked down at my hands, I felt bad enough but of course Dylan would rub it in. "She didn't even do anything wrong! I was the one who convinced her to talk to me and you got mad at her for asking a question I told her to ask." "You think I didn't figure that out already?"

Y/n walked out in the outfit she left in yesterday with her bag. "Here you go" she said handing Dylan his shirt. "You keep it" he replied with a wink. Y/n rolled her eyes and threw the shirt at his face. She turned to me "ready?"

She thanked and said goodbye to Dylan again and I nodded thankfully at him. We stepped out and began to walk back to our apartment. She grabbed my hand and I had a lot of hope that she would forgive my sorry ass.

_______________________________

Thank you for your lovely comments ❤️

Please vote, comment and share 🌻