I'll Always Be There

.............................................
Hi people!
So the next chapter will be posted very shortly after this one, as initially they were supposed to be only one, but they ended up being 4200+ words, so I had to chop it. The photo above was taken by me. :)

I hope you like it!

Xxx,
Sara
.............................................
Shawn's POV:

Many days have passed by, and I only wish more and more that I could just stop or slow down time. The clock is ticking, and I still have not told Sadie what I want to say .

It's just that every time I decide to tell her, I get nervous, and a hundred doubts pop up in my mind. What if she doesn't feel the same way back? What if this destroys everything we built? What if she is interested in somebody else?

But now there was no time for doubts; I have to tell her. Tomorrow she would be going back home already, and I knew I had to tell her how I feel before she goes.

***

Sadie's POV:

The dreaded day of my departure was just by the door. Each day that had passed by only made me more and more attached to Shawn, which made it incredibly hard to bear the fact that in no time I would be going back home, and I would only see Shawn again god knows when.

And with each day that passed by, I liked Shawn more and more.

I think he noticed that I was afraid of what would happen when I went back, because he keeps assuring me in several ways that we would keep talking, like when he teases that I have to get used to cameras because he would be facetiming me a lot. I am just so afraid of what will happen. What if little by little we stopped speaking? Stuff like that always happens between friends. But I didn't want to loose him. So I would do my best to not let that happen.

Entering the Top of the Rock, I take my phone out, checking for wi-fi to see if Shawn said anything. Not being able to connect, I go back to the main screen and am about to lock my phone when my background photo catches my attention. I have changed it: now it is the photo in which he is carrying me on his back. Absent mindedly, this photo makes me smile. It is just that I look so happy in this photo, which I actually was. Shawn makes me so happy.

And the sad truth was that tomorrow, we would be separated by thousands of miles.

"Sadie, are you ok?"

I look up, meeting Shawn's eyes that are looking at mine with concern. "I'm fine. I was actually just checking for wi-fi, so I could see if you sent me any texts. But now you're here." I say, putting my phone away. He doesn't say anything straight away, reading me.

"Are you sure that you are ok?" he asks, and I nod.

"Yes, thank you." I smile at him reassuringly, and he returns it. Behind him, I notice a group of girls from our school who are giggling and whispering, glancing once in a while at Shawn and I.

I'm kind of used to it already. Normally, it would have bothered me, as I am sure that what they are saying is not very nice. I have caught some of their whispers sometimes, and they say things like "Poor her, so illuded. Does she really think she has a chance?" followed by laughs. I hate being the subject of people's conversations. But my time left in New York is too precious to be wasted on people like them. Plus, it's not like I need them to remind me of something I know of already.