Authors Note

Hello Dystopian, Alternate universe, and Scifi lovers! Thanks for clicking on this story! I'm sure that was majorly due to the gorgeous cover, which was created by CosmicGraphics ❤️

The chapters of this story will be released in November for NaMoWriMo. I'm so hoping that you'll enjoy reading it! If you want more information about the book, keep reading this authors note. Also, because this is a NaNoWriMo book, the only editing it will have before being posted will be a quick read over for mistakes. If you see any mistakes, feel free to point them out so I can fix them!

------------------------

Why We Sank is set in a dystopian/alternate universe world. It will be told in 3rd person, and includes many flashbacks to help you get to know the characters and find out why they ended up where they are. This story is set up similarly to the TV shows Lost and Quantico but is in no way a fanfiction of any sort. I only say it is set up like those shows because of the character flashbacks.
Note: when you see a line of "~" with a characters name, that means it's their flashback.

The islands talked about in Why We Sank are real places, but they're going to be changed quite a bit, as this is an alternate universe. The story takes place in the same time as we live in today, so the technology is for the most part the same. The differences will be the governments, the people, and things like that.

------------------------

Please do not steal/plagiarize/sell any part of this story! I have put a lot of work into it, and will continue to do so. Also if you do any of these things, you'll be hunted down. And not necessarily by me. My fellow FANTASCI members and other wattpad best friends are very scary. Be afraid.

Do not promote your story here. That's just plain disrespectful, and I will report your arse before you have a chance to blink. Also, no hate please. I gladly accept constructive criticism, but I will not be happy if you leave hate comments. You'll also probably be hunted down for that.

Alright lol now that I have you scared (if you're not, you really should be) it's time for the happier things! XD

I love comments and votes, so leave me lots! If you have questions, feel free to comment them or send me a message. If you have any fan art —which I also love— send it! :D I'm a fairly friendly person (despite my prior death threats) so you can talk to me whenever. :P

Like I mentioned above, I'm a member of FANTASCI. If you don't know what that is, I suggest you go check out our account! We're a group of science fiction and fantasy authors joined together to run what we hope will be one of the most influential accounts on Wattpad. So far we're doing a pretty good job. ;) We have writing contests, graphic contests, book clubs, Watty award promotions, book reviews, interviews, short story anthologies from our members, and help for all you authors out there!

------------------------

I'm going to be dedicating each chapter of this book to a different person, but I'd like to dedicate the book as a whole to my dad. I definitely got my imagination from him, one of the best and funniest story tellers I've ever known. He's got a superlative taste in TV shows, movies, fandoms etc so I hope he'll like Why We Sank! <3 I love you, Dad! Thank you for teaching me how to make the best of bad situations and how to turn anything into something fun!

Alright! On to the next part, shall we?

You know I had to add a little deadpool in here somewhere

You know I had to add a little deadpool in here somewhere. 😏