Almost North

(Hey my lovelies! So due to my increasingly crazy schedule, I don't have a set schedule for White Force yet. Bare with me as I get into the groove of things, but I'll try to post as frequently as possible! ❤️❤️)

Anya

The Prince, Luca, and I stood in an opened field just miles outside of the first northern village, meaning we were almost to our destination

The Prince, Luca, and I stood in an opened field just miles outside of the first northern village, meaning we were almost to our destination. We had slowly traveled throughout the night and through most of the day, having stopped to rest and eat on multiple occasions. Other times, the Prince came to
a halt just to venture into the woods alone, and I suspected it was because he needed to vent in peace. I could only imagine how hard it was for him to suffer through the pain of losing his father. 

This time, we stopped because there was a small meat stand along the trail we rode on, and the scent of raw meat caused our bears to go wild. The Prince had decided to stop to feed the animals before taking them into a crowded village. He had already purchased his meat, and I stood next to Luca as he bought a pound of cod.

"That'll be three stones," said the young, thin-haired girl running the meat stand. She then held out a pale hand covered in torn cloth to protect her from the brisk, northern air. In fact, every piece of clothing she wore were rags varying in shades of brown.

Dirt collected on her nose and cheeks as if she hadn't bathed in days, and the hand that held Luca's meat was caked in dirt. She looked to be no older than twelve, and the idea of her standing behind a freezing stall, selling raw meats all day was disheartening.

Her beaming eyes kept drifting over to where Prince Sebastian stood, and every time she looked, and I found myself smiling. I wasn't surprised that he'd earned himself a little admirer. After all, the Prince's  angular, sharp jaws, pointed nose, and low brows was to die for. It was amazing how much I'd grown to like him in a matter of weeks and also I found myself glancing behind me just to see him.

The Ice Prince's gaze met mine, and his face was serious and tired. Sebastian had watched his father die by the hands of his entrusted trainee. His entire life and future had been a rug, pulled from under his feet. It had been hard for me to leave Cora behind. I could only imagine how much harder it was for a man who had not only left his mother behind, but lost his father. As I watched him, I replayed every memory I had in his care.

Over three weeks ago, I'd stepped foot into the Ice Castle to train as a warrior, due to having an incredible, rare gift, called white fire - a gift that only the Prince, Titus, Cora, Luca, and most recently, the Queen possessed.

At first, I hated the Prince and his cold disposition, but as his ice wall began to melt causing him to open up more and more, I found myself unknowingly falling for him. It didn't help to know that Luca was also in love with me, and as the three of us rode north, I continued to ask myself how I had gotten into a situation that put me right in the middle of the both of them.