Prologue

Stefan adjusted the drivers seat and leaned back slightly in his black Jeep Grand Cherokee. Glancing out the window he waited until Camelia came out to meet her driver. A team of undercover bodyguards Julien hired shadowed the vehicle which was to pick her up.

He was outside parked across the street from the college she attended watching from afar acting like a spy. Reaching for the photo laying on the passenger side seat, he brought it up to his face for closer inspection.

He couldn't put the photo down since her father gave it to him.  She certainly grew into her beauty with same thick dark glossy hair, dark blue eyes, and smooth peachy skin.

She appeared so young and so innocent it was difficult to imagine a twenty year old girl. The deep blue eyes that stared back at him looked strong and proud. She did not smile in the picture, however, he could not help but read the determination and knowledge in her stare. The picture bared no emotion, yet she had a seductiveness, a twinkle in her eyes he'd never seen before.

She was bewitching.

Tracing the outline of her jaw with a finger absentmindedly, Stefan imagined her voice to be just as sweet as her soft plump mouth. The innocence emitting from her caught his eye. Most females grew out of that stage with more maturer and refined distinct angles forming their features. Camelia appeared just as soft, and delicate like that of a blooming flower.

He had no doubt it wasn't difficult for her to catch many people's attention, she was much more than attractive, she was far more beautiful than the average girl.  There was something unique about her he could not put his finger on even back when she was a little girl.

Years ago, after meeting her for the first time, he looked up her name and learned it signified many things.  To be named after a flower, her name was popular in culture. The buds were an iconic symbol for the Chanel fashion couture line knowing that from the girlfriends he's had in the past and their love for Chanel. It was popular knowledge that their neighboring city, Sacramento, California's state flower was nicknamed the Camellia city.

The flower had several varieties of colors ranging from white, red, pink and the rarest was yellow found only in China. It was a unique and rarely heard of, having links to the moon, water, wealth and perfection and it suited her perfectly.  Although it was spelled a little differently it went well with her diversity–a one of a kind. 

Placing the picture on his dash board, Stefan pressed the automatic button that brought his window down, slipped off his sunglasses and grabbed his Nikon camera to snap his own pictures for observation. He adjusted the baseball cap over his head and sat up straighter when he noticed the time on his watch.

It was time for her to make her grand appearance.

He had full details about her schedule, every day routine, places she liked to visit thanks to the information her father provided. Although he knew about her she did not know anything about him or about the threat against her family, yet.

Her father described her as being reserved, but kind. She was a honors student majoring in fashion design. Arabic, French and Italian were the languages she studied and was the most fluent in.

To study abroad was not something was interested in. No matter how much her parents suggested she attend a more prestigious college she preferred a local school to be close to her family.

He also learned, which wasn't surprising, is she was stubborn, closed off and more of a observer than a talker. She was engrossed in reading than socializing with friends. Standing in the shadows is what she preferred over the spot light.