♤2

Assignments, coffee, laptop and stress. That was all that surrounded me at the moment. It was past six in the evening and even a nerd like me, needed a break. Stretching, I stood up from my chair and left the desk to go plop down on bed for a while. A white light at the corner of my phone kept going on and off, and I grabbed the device in my hand before unlocking it.

17 missed calls from Kookie

And a few more from some other unsaved number. There were no texts, just missed calls. I lazily called Jungkook, he probably got ditched by that girl or something. Or, he's just hungry and wants to go get some food..

"Hello? Chae Joo Eun?" a female voice recieved the call and i cringed.

"Uh, yeah."

"Jungkook is sick. He wanted me to call you, can you please come over?" her voice was shaky.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a few minutes. May i know who this is? " i asked, putting on my jacket and slipping my feet into a pair of sandals.

"I- " and the call got cut. 'Shit' i cursed under my breath, as i yelled from the door, informing my mom that Jungkook was sick and that I'd be at his place.

Taking a taxi, i arrived at his place within a few minutes, thanks to the fact that we don't live too far away. I dashed into his apartment, not failing to notice a pair of high heels and his shoes at the door.

"Jungkook!" my voice came out louder than I wanted it to, probably because I didn't like what i just saw.

A girl came rushing out of his room, her dress clinging to her body like it was a few hours ago in the morning today. She was the same girl who was checking him out at the coffee shop. "H-He's inside" she stuttered. Fear was etched on her face and i could sense it from a meter away.

I nodded before walking past her, into his room. He was a mess! My heart started beating faster at the sight of wrecked Jungkook. He was shirt less, rolling around in bed wearing only a pair of sweats. He was sweatier than i had ever seen him, and the moment his eyes caught mine, he spoke.

"Chae.." it was a whimper. His voice low, weak and chocked out.

I ran in his direction and sat on the edge of his bed. "Kookie, what happened?" his hand reached out for mine; he held it so tight that it almost hurt.

But before he could speak, he paused as his eyes shifted away from mine to something behind me. I looked back, only to find 'her' standing and staring at us. "You may leave now" i spoke as calmly as i could. She nodded a little, her eyes glancing at me and Jungkook once, before she turned on her heel and exited the room.A few seconds later, we heard the main door close shut and that's when I spoke.

"You're burning up Kookie!" his body was too hot. Hotter than any normal person would be when he/she had a fever.

"I know" he smiled, a painful smile. I wanted to slap it off his face. "I feel horrible Chae" he whimpered, burying his face into the side of my lap.

"We need to call the doctor" i pulled my phone out of my pocket and he stopped me immediately, grabbing my wrist.

"No, don't"

"Jungkook, you're sick. This temperature isnt normal. You need a doct-"

"I'm not sick" he protested, making me glare at him."Just take my phone and call Namjoon"

"Who's that?" I asked, completely pissed off at this point.

"Call him!" he growled.

"Okay"

I ringed up to the number in his contacts which read 'Namjoon hyung'. I didn't know this person, but I needed someone here. Someone who could atleast lift him up and take him to the hospital or do something that could be helpful.

"Hello" a deep manly voice answered the call. I pressed the phone to my ear and explained the situation at hand as clearly as I could. On the other end of the line, the man was a patient listener who said everything would be okay and that I shouldn't leave Kook's side until he arrived.

I assured Jungkook that Namjoon was on is way and he let out a sigh of relief. He shifted a little so that his head was placed on my lap. I could feel his breath on my leg, the warmness seeping through the material of my pajamas. His eyes were tightly shut and he was clenching the material of my shirt in one hand while his other had a firm grip on my knee.

"Please, stay" he whispered.

"I'm here Kookie. I'm not leaving you okay?" I assured him as I pushed back the wet strands of his hair that stubbornly stuck to his sweaty skin.

He was getting hotter and hotter every second and I had no idea what to do. He didn't want me to call a doctor, but it looked like he needed help. He was behaving as if he was extremely angry, but didn't want to let it out; as if a monster in him was waiting to be unleashed and he was suppressing it with all his might.

"You'll be okay" I assured him even though I wasn't so sure about it myself.

"I-I feel like something is burning me up" he paused, "from the inside".

"You'll be alright Kookie. I'm here" I mumbled, praying that he'd be fine, but nothing at the moment felt right.

A few minutes of him panting as if he was out of breath and me helplessly rubbing my hand over his back, the door to his apartment opened with a bang and I quickly sat up straight. Two tall men entered his room and I was too confused to be able to say anything.

"Namjoon?" my voice was quieter than a whisper.

"Yes" he smiled, but it lasted less than a second.

I looked at the other man who accompanied Namjoon, he was good looking, but I realised that isn't the thing I should be focusing on at the moment.

"Move" they ordered and I got off the bed.

Namjoon easily scooped Kook up and swung him over his shoulder, walking straight out of the room.

"Where are you taking him? "

"He'll be fine" answered the other guy. "I'm Jin by the way"

"I'm Chae. Chae Joo Eun " I shook hands with him and he stepped forward, placing his hand on top of my head,ruffling my hair a little, "Jungkookie is like our little brother. We'll take care of him. Don't worry".

I nodded, biting my tongue, hoping that it's true.

Jin left soon and I took some time to clean up Kookie's room which was a total mess.

♡♡♡

A week passed, I submitted my monthly assignments, visited Jeon's place only to be greeted by his absence; tried calling him, texted him on a daily basis but received no response. His parents knew very little but they seemed calm about him being with the boys. They said he'd be okay and back soon; which helped me be a little brave. Things weren't the same without him; I felt so incomplete. I continued sending him messages, he never replied, not until early in the morning today.

Kookie: Yo!
Read 6.23am

Chae: OMG JUNGKOOK! HOW ARE YOU?!?!
Read 7.02am

Kookie: I'm sorry I didn't text you for a week. I'm fine, so don't worry about me. I'll come see you today. 9 o' clock? You free?
Read 7.03 am

Chae: IS THAT A QUESTION? SINCE WHEN ARE YOU LIKE THIS? YOU CAN COME OVER WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IDIOT! and how come you're up so early today?
Read 7.04am

Chae: Aren't you supposed to be buried in bed? I'm so relieved you're okay.
Read 7.04am

Kookie: I slept for two days straight LOL. I'll see you soon meme face.
Read 7.06am

--

Leave your opinion in the comments section ♡ I'd like to know what you guys think.

ANNEYONGH!