Chapter 11

Kylie POV

I looked around anxiously for Peter from where I stood with the other graduates. I got worried when he hung up with me after thinking he saw Captain Stacy. Right as he hung up Gwen ended her speech. The B's were quick to go as you can imagine.

Now I kept searching the crowd for Peter, fruitlessly I might add. He might just miss his own graduation—they were already at the O's. I could see his Aunt May out in the audience looking for him too.

My own mother was just sitting happily in her seat. She smiled at me and waved when I caught her eye. Dad and the other Avengers couldn't come because they'd be too conspicuous and no one at school but Peter knew they were my family. It would blow my cover.

Speaking of covers, in the last two weeks Peter and I had starred on front covers many times. I had a couple of ones without him on it as New York tried to puzzle out who I was. Mom and Dad had been talking about it at home a lot and I was forced to speculate with them.

So far I hadn't been given a name besides 'Spidey's New Helper' or 'Spidey's Friend' or 'Spidey's Mysterious Friend'. Frustrating, believe me. What symbol would I put on my uniform? A spider with a silhouette of me next to it? We were waiting for someone to get creative and take the big step that was naming a superhero.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a name.

"Peter Parker."

He wasn't there yet.

"Peter Parker?"

Just as the announcer was about to give up, Peter ran on stage in his cap and gown. He had on a backpack that probably contained his uniform as he shook the principal's hand.

Peter walked up to Gwen who, as the valedictorian, was still on stage. He dipped her into a kiss that left the crowd cheering. I couldn't help but wonder if that was some sort of goodbye.

As Peter walked over to stand with the other graduates, I gave him a death glare. I forgot how mad I was that he ran off and fought the Russian mob without me. Now that my worry of if he'd make it or not was out of the way, I could freely judge him for fighting without me.

He spotted me and my anger and gave me an apologetic look.

'Later' he mouthed to me.

'You're gonna get it' I mouthed back.

With that, I ignored him until the end of the ceremony.

*********************************

"Congratulations honey," my mom sobbed into my shoulder.

"Mom, it's all right, I'm gonna be fine," I sighed.

"But you're all grown up and I can't take care of you anymore!" She wailed.

I saw Peter with Aunt May and I waved him over once I caught his eye.
'Help me!' I mouthed.

He laughed to himself and nodded. He said something to his aunt and they both walked over to us.

"Hey Mom, look, Peter and Aunt May are coming over here," I said quietly.

She quickly stopped crying and wiped her face with a tissue. She plastered a smile to her face as Peter and Aunt May approached.