Chapter 79

After the three days I spent away in Italy with Gio, we eventually had to flew back home. Emilia had also came back with us. I believe she was more excited about my engagement than I was, when she saw the ring.
She was really happy for me when she found out, and I'm talking about all squealing and jumping around with me. It was so crazy and funny at the time. And them Mr.Cavelli had congratulated us so I guess I was fully accepted into Gio's immediate family. I was a bit exhausted when I reached home, Gio had to leave to take care of some business and no one else was home right now except for me and Emilia so I guess I'd have to wait until later today to share my engagement news with mom and dad and with Dominic, Kathleen and the others at another time.

"I know it's probably a bit soon, but have you guys thought about when you guys are going to have the wedding and all" Emilia asked me.

We were currently in the kitchen having a snack.

"Em, we haven't even gotten a chance to talk about anything like that as yet" I replied. "Our engagement just happened Saturday night and then yesterday we've been busy and all then we flew here today".

" I get it but I just meant do you have a specific time frame in which you would want to get married?" Emilia asked. "You know like the next two months or three months?"

"I don't know Em. When Gio and I get a chance to really talk about this then I can say. I mean the engagement could even last up to over a year before any wedding takes place" I said to her.

"That doesn't make any sense. I never get it when people do that. Why get engaged and then wait that long to get married?" Emilia asked furrowing her brows in confusion. "Its a freaking engagement not a life long souvenir"

"An engagement doesn't mean instant marriage, it just means that a couple is serious beyond the typical girlfriend and boyfriend level" I explained.

"Well waiting that long before having the wedding especially when you can afford it, just makes it seems like you guys aren't sure you made the right decision engaging" Emilia replied. "It just makes it looks like the guy just gave you a ring to keep you satisfied and not run off leave him but he doesn't think you're good enough to actually get married to or he's trying to figure out if engaging was a mistake he doesn't actually wants to married again but he's too polite to call it off"

"Where do you get those ideas Em?" I chuckled. "I doubt that that's the case. Maybe some people just wants enough time to prepare"

"Well that's just my theory" Em shrugged. "Would you like it if Gio just engaged to you and you're just there wearing his ring for years with no talks or plans for any actual wedding?"

"Of course not" I replied.

"See my point exactly" Em grinned. "So you're going to tell the others later I presume? Or I don't think you'll have to tell them, they'll definitely noticed that rock on your finger"

Instinctively I raised my hand to look at the ring sitting on my finger. I could hardly get over the fact that I was now engaged and even more the beauty of the ring especially with those sapphire rhinestones.

"I'm actually thinking about calling over Dominic and Kathleen to join us for dinner. That way I'll only have to just break the news to everyone at once" I said to her. "You know as they say, kill two birds with one stone"

"Makes perfect sense" Emilia replied.

***
"So what's the occasion? You invited us over for dinner? I'm sure this isn't because you missed us that much" Dominic said as we were seated at the table.

"Why are you always so...I don't know cynical or negative?" I scoffed at him as I place the last bowl with bake Mac n cheese on the table and sitting down. "You're always thinking you're some psychic".