A Bond with Mankind and Artificial Intelligence

Many things have happened years in the future ahead of this timeline that you, the reader, currently reside in. From a historical standpoint, many revolts against the government have happened in the United States, and to a point, toppled leaders and members of Congress. Aside from that, most of the world has been rather peaceful. Away from the most political of things, the whole world has been in a second Technological Revolution that has changed the world for the greater good, from helping those in factories to assisting the elderly. But who is really shaping this world for the greater good to help the people in need?

It is the year 2062. Meet Jacob Cromwell, a twenty-five year old man who has graduated from a well-known institute with a degree in robotic engineering. Residing in his Manhattan apartment, he can see the future just out of his window. Many things, such as cars and homes, are run on solar power. Cars are totally driverless, public transportation in this city is revolutionizing the way people go to and from the city, and even people have robotic servants to assist them.

Though Jacob lives alone, he does have a household bot that controls his home, from turning the lights on and off, to securing the apartment from thieves.

"Jacob, you have one new message." the bot notified him as it rolled over to him to the living room. "It seems like it's from Frontier Robotics."

"Tomo, read the message," Jacob commanded as he paused what he was watching on TV, "I hope they accepted my application from a couple of days ago."

Tomo began to read out the entire message to Jacob as he eagerly looked down at the rather small bot with a screen that projected the message.

"Dear Jacob S. Cromwell,

At a glance, me and my fellow comrades figured that you were the right person to be hired for Frontier Robotics Inc, and to be a member of our company. I saw much potential in you when I arrived at New York University for the workshop I held about robotics and how we build them, along with showcasing our most well-known robots; Tomo, a household name ever since we introduced it to the world and many people fell in love with the cute little robot, along with our robot Mechanis, to serve those who are mechanics and programmers at heart.

We expect your arrival tomorrow, and please be sure to be dressed properly when you see me for the interview at 11 am. Don't forget your resume!

Sincerely,

Earl Frasner, CEO of Frontier Robotics USA"

Jacob was flabbergasted at what he just heard out of Tomo.

"Jacob, are you alright?" Tomo asked as it tilted its head that was essentially a touch screen with a face.

"Never in my life did I feel this excited!" Jacob squealed, "I finally got a job that is well-paying, better than working at that damn coffee shop all day! Thank you thank you thank you!"

"Jacob, I think you should thank Earl Frasner. He did create me after all, along with many of my other robotic comrades."

"I just got to keep my cool, Tomo. Search 'How to act professional in a professional situation.'"

Tomo beeped and opened a page on Google with Jacob's search inquiry.

"Here is a page from WikiHow," Tomo said, "How to keep your cool in a professional situation."

Tomo began to read off all of the instructions on how to keep cool in a professional situation to Jacob as he picked up the small, cat-sized robot and placed it on the coffee table that was right in front of him. It was a rather quick tutorial, where it basically says to keep your excitement within you.