Chapter Twenty Three: Welcome To My Safe Place

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
The music blared through the speakers as our little group danced along to it. Grayson wasn't here, though. He didn't bother wishing Parker 'Happy Birthday' either, which got Parker bummed when the day began and Grayson wasn't there to greet him like the rest of us. It was now night and most of us, meaning just, Bennett, Luke, Dylan and Elly, have gotten drunk, making me terrified. Let's just say that the darkness didn't help my fear.

I haven't told Dylan, Elly, or Luke that I had almost been raped in sophomore year, and I don't plan to. I haven't known them for long to tell them any of or more of my secrets. Anyway, being in here full of drunk people didn't help me and my fear of drunks. With that in mind, I went outside without saying anything to the guys.

I sat down on Parker's porch, not wanting to be anywhere near them. I looked around my surroundings, noticing a dark figure stalking towards me. I squinted my eyes at the figure, then realized I may be screwed. I immediately stood up, and went towards the front door. When I tried turning the knob, it wouldn't open.

Shiz...

I continuously banged my fist on the door, hoping for someone one to answer, until a hand touched my shoulder, making me jump, "Bailey." The stranger's voice said, hoarse and unclear. When I didn't turn to face him, he turned me to face him, only for me to close my eyes, tight, "Bailey," The male voice said.

I took a chance to look in the stranger's eyes and looked up to meet the stranger's, only to meet eyes with a guy I didn't expect seeing, "Grayson?" I said, squinting up at him. He was beat up, having bruises and cuts on his face. His arm was crossing over his chest and clutching his ribs. I couldn't believe that I didn't even notice him through his voice. Grayson has never come home this bad in a while, "What happened?" I asked, breathless.

Grayson shook his head, "Nothing." He grunted as he winced in pain.

I looked at him once more. I knew I wasn't going to be able to get it out of him unless he actually wanted to tell me, "Come on, Grayson. I'm bringing you to my house." I mumbled, going on his non-broken side and put his arm around me.

It was there I noticed that he had a limp in his walk, which made him his weight on me as we slowly walked over to my house. When I opened the door, we trudged over to my kitchen. I gave him a seat and went to my fridge to find my ice pack. I gave it to him, then went over finding the light switch.

When I turned on the lights, I saw Grayson in his beaten up glory. I looked at him, saddened he got hurt again. I pulled up a chair next to him, putting a hand on his cheek, making him wince in pain. I quickly withdrew my hand, only for him to grab it, and pull me closer to him.

"What happened?" I asked, finally.

"My dad's workers found me." He shrugged.

I scrunched my eyebrows together, confused at his tone, "Where were you?" I asked.

He pushed me slightly away from him for him to look me ing the eye, "Why do you care?" He hissed, making my eyes widen at his sudden mood change.

"What's your problem?" I asked, moving fully away from his warm body.

My question only got him angrier, "What's my problem?" He scoffed, just like the day before, "What's your problem? You've been with Parker all the- fucking -time. You've rarely talked to me since the fucking kiss." He growled.