Chapter Seventeen

"It's me." I whispered again.

"I had my theories...that maybe you were a dopplegagner but dopplegagngers are usually complete opposites of the original. Like Elena and Katherine. Stefan and Silas. But you Adelaide, you and Annastasia are exactly alike...it's like..your the same person."

"Elijah, is this me? Am I Annastasia Sorcie're?"

"I believe so. I don't know how..or even why, but I believe your Annastasia."

"Who would know for sure?"

"We can drive to the country side..I know a very powerful witch. She can help."

I nodded and we headed back to the kitchen. Elijah grabbed his keys and headed out to the car.

"Kol." I said and he turned around.

"I'm gonna go on a little field trip with Elijah..something that I need to find out...I'll be back tomorrow at the latest." I kissed him and blurred off before I coud hear his protest. I got in Elijah's car and we started drving. I fell asleep and woke up to Elijah shaking me awake.

"Were here." He said and I nodded.

We walked up to an old looking cabin and he walked in and an older looking black lady greeted us.

"Well I'll be damned is this Elijah Mikaelson popping in to say hello?" She smiled brightly.

"Hello Winnie. How are you?" Elijah spoke back kissing her knuckles.

"I'm good sugar. Now who is this?" She said pointing to me.

"Adelaide Jones. I'm Kol's girlfiend." I smiled.

"Kol finally got himself a girlfriend huh? Well atleast your pretty. So darlin' Elijah what do you need?"

"I need to ask you a question about Addie and Annastasia Sorciere."

"Annastasia Sorciere..I haven't heard that name in a long time. What do you need to know?"

"Is there any possible way that Adelaide could be Annastasia?"

"I mean....it's possible. If the spirits wanted Annastasia to be reborn they would create an exact copy of her. Not like a Dopplegagner. No, nothing like a Dopplegagner. Do you have a picture of Annastasia?" Winne said and I handed her the paper.

She looked at the drawing then at me and smiled.

"It's good to see you again Annastasia..it's been a VERY long time."

I looked around the room and noticed she was talking to me...

'Uh..I'm Adelaide." I said back.

"I know you are. Or atleast that's who the spirits told you, you are."

"What?"

"You are Annastasia. When you died, your father made a deal with the spirits.."

"My father? David?"

"No, Annastasia's father."

"Um okay. What was this deal?"

"All I know that it was a deal of GREAT measures. Your father loved you very much Anna...very very much."

"Who is my father?"

"You'll find out in time."

"But my mother is Carol Lockwood..I.."

"Sit child..I have alot of explaining to do."

I did as told and she sat infront of me. Elijah sat besides me and I smiled at him.

"Winnie? Did you know Annastasia?" I asked and she smiled at me.

"I knew Annastasia..very well."

"How?"

"She was my friend. Annastasia was a very kind person...back when we were friends, my people and her people were at war, but she..ah she hated war. She always tried to stop it."

"What year was this?"

"Ummm 1498?"

I looked at her shocked and her and Elijah laughed.

"I'm Immortal Addie." Winnie said.

"You are?"

"Yep. I used the spell so Annastasia wouldn't have to be alone when the war was over."

"Were you in love with Anna?"

"No, I'm straight. She was just my best friend. My only friend. Who was very much in love with Elijah here."

I turned to look at Elijah who was smiling.

"She was in love with you?" I asked him.

"Yes, as I with her."

"What about Katherine?"

"Katherine was..right after Annastasia finally died."

"How did Annastasia die?"

They both went silent and I just sat there waiting for the answer.

"She..she gave her life for another." Winne finally said tears in her voice.

"She saved you didn't she?" I asked.

"She did. I didn't perform the spell right..so Anna wasted every inch of her power and immortality to save me."

"She must of really cared for you...the both of you."

"She did."

"But can I be here again? That's the real question here."

"No. She is long gone. You are her...you just don't have her memories."

I let everything they said settle in and I walked outside. I sat there and heard Elijah come out.

"So...I'm her." I said.

"Yes."

"You knew..the first day you met me..didn't you?"

"Yes."

"Do you know who my real father is? I mean Annastasia's father is."

"Yes. But like Winnie said you'll find out in time."

"I don't have time to wait Elijah...I really just..I just can't wait. I want answers. Why am I here? Is Carol Lockwood still my biological mom or was she just the lady who gave birth to me? I..I don't know anymore Elijah." I started crying and he held me.

I cried into his chest and he rubbed my back.

"You'll get the answers you need Addie." He whispered.

"I'm not Adelaide Jones anymore Elijah...I'm Annastasia Sorciere."