chapter 23

Alfred p.o.v :

I didn't see that brat ever since yesterday.

She's avoiding me, how interesting ?

" Darling , are you listening to me ? " said my lady lona.

" I'm, my lady " I replied .Ever since we woke up, she kept talking about the party she's willing to make .

Which I suppose it's today.

" Do as you please, my lady " with that I left the room, leaving her alone.

I walked to the stable.

It's been a very long time, ever since I've been here.

I careless my horse head.

He didn't seem to be scared. That means he still recognizes me.

" Who is there? " Said someone.

It's male. I knew that from his voice tone.

" I asked who are you!? " He repeated his question.

Such an idiot, he doesn't even know his master whom he works for.

" I'm the owner of this house " I replied, quite simply. As I looked at the person face.

It's that brat friend's: the worker.

" Ah, my apologizes. I didn't know who you are " he said, scratching his head.

I didn't say anything, just walked off.

" Make sure to take care of them " was all what I said, as I left.

Time surely runs fast here. It's almost the party time.

Everything is ready, like my lady Lona asked for.

She wore a nice dress with suitable make up. Somehow, she isn't looking bad.

I, as well, wore my suit: a black one.

" Oh, my. You're looking so handsome, my dear " my lady Lona said, touching my face, and got closer to my side.

" I'm glad you like it " I replied, coldly.

" Well, well. We should keep going now " she said, walking in front of me.

Everyone is still the same as ever: fake.

Though, my lady Lona is completely the same as them.

I suppose she's as fake as them.

" Hello, Mr Alfred. It's been a while " I look up at the person who's speaking.

That's definitely a different guest.

Alexandra p.o.v:

I've been avoiding master all day long. I wonder how long I'll be able to do that?

Today, there's a party going to be done here.

I have to clean up well.

I cleaned up almost everything, leaving what's left for other maids. There's plenty of maids here other than me.

I just remembered that the chef made some delicious food.

I think Jack would like some.

I would've asked Lili to take it, but she's too busy cleaning and the maid Serena won't let her off, until She's done. Since she been slacking off lately.

I walked to him, but suddenly I see master coming out of the stable.

There was a quiet, gloomy atmosphere between those two.

I hope Jack doesn't do anything to make master angry.

= = = =

It's party time. I tried my best to serve there without being noticed by master, at least for Today!!

Tomorrow, I'll try to gather my courage...

" It's been a while, Isn't? " I looked to see who's the person that is talking.

I was shocked when I saw him.

It's Edward!!

" Well, you have grown... a lot " he said, smiling.

" Thank you... you also have changed " I said to him.

I was shocked because he became more handsome than he was, his hair become a bit taller.

His appearance became more attractive.

His blue eyes are still as ever: beautiful.

" You look so pretty "

He complimented me?

" Thank you" I blushed a bit.

He leaned down and grabbed my hand, kissing it.

" What are you doing? " I said, getting surprised.

" You aren't a little girl, anymore. So, I suppose I can do this now, right? " He smirked.

" You still can't " I said to him.

" Why? " He asked.

" Because I'm only maid " I said, looking down.

" But you're still a woman " he smiled, warmly.

" Yes, but I'm not a lady " I smiled to him.

" A woman is a woman, even if she's not a lady " he explained.

I gave him a thank you smile.

Suddenly, I see someone passing by my side.

That person smells good and have good appearance. I wonder what kind of person he was, to be invited to master and mistress party.

Alfred p.o.v:

" Indeed " I replied to that person.

" My apologizes for not coming to your wedding day "

" It's alright, Mr Sam " I said to him.

" Oh, my. You must be Lord Sam, right? " My lady Lona said, as she walked towards us.

" You're right and you must be the beautiful, lady lona " he smiles to her and kissed her hand.

" I've heard many things about you, Lord Sam " she said to him.

" May I know what a beautiful woman like you, know about a man like me? " He asked.

" Well, you certainly may " she chuckled.

" You're the Lord Sam. You're extremely rich, and very, very! Known. Not only here, but everywhere, and very handsome man too, with charming way of speaking " she continued.

She's right. Lord Sam has a black long hair and he wears glasses. He is a very smart person, that it's better to stay away from and not mess with him.

It happens that I met this person back then, when I was at a young age.

" What have you brought here, Mr Sam? " I said coldly and honestly.

" How rude of you, Mr Alfred. Is it wrong to Visit my friend? Besides, I've been thinking to come back to this town and stay for a while " he explained.

" I see. That's perhaps not a bad idea " I replied, drinking some red wine "

" You have done a great job those years " he chuckled, drinking some white wine.

" Your father would be very proud " with that, he gave me a smirk.

I wonder what have brought him here after all this time.

____________________________________

Hi guys, hope you enjoyed the chapter. I know it was somehow boring, I'll try to make it more interesting next time, and what do you think of the new character like it or hate it? Let me know 😃🌸