Chapter 21

Song of the Day - Cher Lloyd - Sirens

***

"Um, Noah?"

"Yeah?"

"We need to talk."

Noah opens his eyes and stares at me. "Okay?" He says awkwardly and sits up. I sit up also and look at him nervously.

Chill Ava, it's not like he's gonna kill you.....

"Are you okay?" He says looking at me with concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I look down at my hands.

"Okay, so what do you want to talk about?"

"About us."

"What about us?" I look up at him.

"I think that....we're going too fast," I whisper.

I stare at him waiting for a reply. He doesn't give one and I continue.

"Look, I really like you and stuff but... I think that we should just...stop and just stay away...from each other... for a bit. "

"Stay away? You want me to stay away from you?" He says, looking at me.

"Yes."

Noah closes his eyes, runs his hand through his hair and groans.

"What did I do?" He opens his eyes back.

"You did nothing. I just think we are going way to fast and I want some space."  I say with a convincing face.

Okay, well that was kind of true...

"I must have done something. I mean why are you doing this all of a sudden. We barely had time to properly date. What are you hiding from me?"

"Nothing." He stares into my eyes.

"Are you sure? Is this what you want?" He asks.

Am I? Am I really sure I want to end this so fast?

"Yes," I say firmly. We started way too fast so I can end it way too fast.

"Okay." He says simply but I can tell that he's hurt. I get off his bed and he looks at me.

"I guess I'll go to my room," I say and I awkwardly turn and walk to his door, opening it. That when Noah flashes by my side and closes the door. I gasp.

"Wait... I don't wanna end this. We barely started. I have feelings for you. Tell me what I have to do... For you to stay with me." He says, playing with my hair. I turn to look at him. His eyes are so sad.

"I'm still here. I'm keeping my word. I'll be your maid. That's it. That's how it should be."

"Ava, no. Please, no." He begs me.

"It's just that... I barely know you, Noah... I now realized that... I mean... you haven't told me anything about yourself except that you and Cora are related. And also, there's this main problem that we're going on with... You kidnapped me. You're my kidnapper and I'm your prisoner. Don't you think that's weird?"

"Ava, I don't care!" He says with so much passion. It just makes me want to call the whole thing off and just kiss him.

"Well, I do!" I shout.

"You didn't less than two days ago when you kissed me!" He yells.

"You kissed me first!"

"Yeah, but I told you to forget it and what do you do? You don't. You kiss me and then you wanted us to be together."