Youth - Pietro Maximoff x Reader

Words: 1248
Pairing: Pietro Maximoff x Reader
Featuring: Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Wanda Maximoff
Warnings: fighting, mentions breakup, toxic ex mentioned
Requested by anon
Summary: Inspired by Youth by Daughter, you are still getting through a bad breakup and dealing with all the work you have to do. When Pietro realizes something is wrong, he decides to jump in.
Author's Note: I miss Pietro. But yay for more domestic avengers!

*Edited*

---

You were walking through the facility, not really sure what to do. You had completed your training, your work, and your lunch. You were aimlessly wandering around, trying to clear your mind.

"Are you okay?" You heard Pietro's voice run up behind you.

"Yeah, why would anything be wrong?" You lied.

"You seem worried," Pietro started, "And you just gave away your tell when you lied right there."

You swore at yourself. Around Pietro, lying was hard, and he knew what you did when you lied. So getting out of not telling the truth was hard.

"Come on, just talk to me, Draga," Pietro smiled. Ever since you broke up with your boyfriend, it was evident you and Pietro were drawn to one another. But nothing ever grew from that little fire, just a bit of flirting and some nicknames. But you two never got together, and you certainly weren't planning on it- at least, not yet.

"It's nothing important, Pietro," You glanced down at your phone when it went off, and you sucked in a breath when you read it.

</3: Please, come on, I just want to talk

"I have to go; I'll see you around." You sighed and walked to head to your room.

Pietro sped off to find Tony; for once, he was going to have to be nice to the guy.

"What do you want?" Tony groaned when he saw Pietro's face walk into the lab.

"Hey, calm down," Pietro laughed, "I need a favor."

"Oh no, what do you need?" Tony sighed when he seemed worried.

"(Y/N) is hiding something from me, and I am getting worried. They have been getting messages all day that they keep freaking out about, and I want to know what it is."

"Isn't that a bit stalker-ish?" Tony raised an eyebrow.

"I don't care; I'm worried!" Pietro complained.

Tony sighed and walked over to his computer and showed Pietro his screen after a few minutes of investigating. Pietro groaned when he saw that you were having a conversation with your ex.

</3: Hey, I miss you, can you meet up soon?

No response.

</3: Please, I have something serious to talk to you about.

No response.

</3: I'm only in town for the next two days; it would really mean a lot if we could meet up.

No response.