Speechless - Peter Parker x Reader

Words: 1072
Pairing: Peter Parker x Reader
Featuring: Steve Rogers, Tony Stark
Warnings: sexism(ish), old man Steve
Requested by anon
Summary: You were excited to dress up for one of Tony's parties, but it all came crashing down when Steve shared his opinion. Peter is always there to save the day, though.
Author's Note: This is a gender-neutral reader, but does describe the reader as feminine (dresses, purses) so just as an additional warning! Steve is a little ooc here, but it goes with what was requested and I think it still works out.

*Edited*

---

You smiled as you slid into your shoes and proceeded to walk out of your bedroom. You flattened the bottom of the dress down as you admired how you looked. It was a black and white dress you hadn't worn many times, but it fits you well and fell to your mid-thigh. The Stark party had said "dress: fancy" since Tony wanted this to be a nicer party and invited some business partners from before. He also had to make sure his team looked professional (even though everyone was toddlers).

You had your clutch in your hands with your phone inside of it. You were excited to get down to the party and meet some 'really business people' and make fun of them after the party with your boyfriend.

 You heard Steve's voice calling your name behind you, "What are you doing?"

You turned around and looked off the balcony, "Uh, going to the party?"

"Not dressed like that, you aren't!" Steve pointed at you.

"What do you mean?" You gave Steve a confused look as he crossed his arms.

"It is most definitely not age-appropriate! You're too young to be wearing something like that!" Steve gestured at your dress.

You laughed a bit and nodded, "Okay, Steve," You started to walk towards the steps but were stopped when Steve grabbed your wrist.

"I was serious, go change. Don't come down to the party until you're dressed more appropriately."

Your jaw dropped, "Steve, I think what I'm wearing is completely appropriate if I'm comfortable in it."

"But people around you will say things none of us will like, and I don't want to have to hurt anyone because of their words. Now please, go change," Steve crossed his arms and watched as you retreated to your room.

You groaned and fell face-first on the bed. "I don't care what people have to say, and it's my body, and if I'm comfortable in it, then what's their deal?" You grumbled to yourself.

"Steve is just looking out for you..." You whispered as you stood up and walked over to your closet. You picked out a fancy top and dress pants to 'dial it down,' which only made you feel more upset since you couldn't dress how you wanted.

You didn't even want to go to the party anymore, so you sat on your bed as you scrolled through social media on your phone. The dress was sitting next to you as you got angrier every passing minute.

You weren't sure how much time passed when you heard a knock at your door and your name being called. "Come in," You mumbled.

The door opened, and Peter walked in quickly to sit beside you. "What's wrong?"

You shrugged, "It will probably sound really dumb..."

"No, I doubt it. What's going on?" Your boyfriend had his arms wrapped around you.

"It's just- Steve didn't like what I was wearing," You sighed.

"Yeah, it doesn't seem like you," Peter looked down at what you were currently wearing.

"Not this," You sighed and turned to point at where the dress was sitting on your bed, "That."

"That's a pretty dress, though?" Peter gave you a confused look.

"Steve said it wasn't age-appropriate, and I couldn't go to the party dressed like that," You crossed your arms and looked away from the dress.

 Peter put his hand on your shoulder. "I bet you look stunning in this dress. Who cares what everyone else thinks? It only matters what you think; I say you should go put it back on, and we go rock this party!" Peter picked up your dress and handed it back to you, causing you to smile and take the dress out of his hands.

"Thank you, Peter," You went to go change with a smile on your face as you did. Peter was excited to see you in your dress, but he didn't think that you're reveal was going to end with his jaw dropped and no words coming out.

"What? Is something wrong? Do you think it looks bad too?" You started to panic, unsure what you would do if Peter told you he hated it.

"No, no, I'm speechless... you look stunning." He sighed as he grabbed your hand. "You are beautiful, and I am so lucky to be able to call you mine."

You kissed Peter's cheek, "Steve is going to kill me when we go out there."

"I won't let him; I'm Spider-Man," Peter smirked as you two started to head out of the room and down the steps to join the party.

"Oh, look! Our youngest members of the team!" Tony rushed up when the two of you reached the bottom of the stairs; he introduced you to many people who you didn't even have any idea who they were. But you were totally going to make fun of them later.

After being dragged around by Tony, you and Peter finally got to sit down and have a good time at the party. You talked to a few other team members, but for the most part, it was just you and your boyfriend.

Well, until Steve Rogers decided to show up. You gave him a sarcastic smile when he stood in front of you with his arms crossed. "Heyo, Stevo!" You smiled and leaned back on the couch, "What's up?"

"Didn't I tell you not to wear that?" Steve glared down at you.

"I don't care. We are not at work right now; you are not in charge of me. I can wear what I want and not care one bit at what others think," You smiled and looked over at Peter.

"Plus, they just look stunning." Peter encouraged.

Steve shook his head and laughed a bit, resulting in strange looks from the two youngsters. "I was really curious to see how you would react if I told you not to wear that. This will be the only time I ever say it, but I'm glad you went against me." Steve smiled and took a sip of his drink.

You smiled at Peter, "He was the one who gave me the confidence and courage to stick with my gut. Thank you," You kissed his cheek.

"Have a good party, but not too good of a party!" Steve told you two as he walked off, causing both of your faces to turn bright red and burst out in laughter.