Noticed - Natasha Romanoff x Reader

Words: 1094
Pairing: Natasha Romanoff x Reader
Featuring: Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Steve Rogers
Warnings: Jealousy, drinking mentioned
Requested by anon
Summary: Ever since Natasha and Bruce got closer, you got more jealous. How could you show Natasha you like her?
Author's Note: wow i love writing Nat. No BruceNat here btw.

*Edited*

---

"Why are you glaring at them?" Tony laughed at you as he took a sip of his coffee.

Your head shot around to look at Tony, "I'm not glaring."

"Yes, you are- why?" Tony raised an eyebrow and sat on the barstool next to you.

Your head moved back over to where Natasha and Bruce were sitting and laughing. You hated it, despised it; seeing them together was a sight you did not want to see. "Look at him and his dumb teeth, making her so happy. I don't like it."

Tony walked over to the sink, "Are you the one putting coffee grounds in the sink? It needs to stop," He sighed and saw your annoyed look, "Right, we're talking about your jealousy."

"It's not jealousy!" You whisper-yelled to Tony.

He laughed and shook his head, "Sure, whatever you say."

You crossed your arms and walked away from him, headed to your room. You sat on your bed and got a book out to calm your thoughts, but you couldn't stop being mad. It was obvious to almost everyone that you had a thing for Natasha, but Natasha didn't see it. According to her, she was unlovable and not a good fit to be with anyone. But you saw past that but were too shy to say anything.

And to see her get so close to Bruce hurt your heart.

---

"(Y/N), Bruce, you two stay on the jet while Widow and I go to investigate," Tony directed, and everyone nodded. Natasha and Tony left the quinjet, leaving you and Bruce to sit around.

You moved to a corner and sat down, back against the wall and looking forward. Bruce was in the front chair and started to monitor the stats.

You sighed as you thought about Natasha and Bruce; you just didn't want them together. You would not look at Bruce, and he was starting to wonder why. He was worried about what he did; he didn't want to hurt anyone, that's not how he was. Especially to you, someone he considered a friend.

"What's going on?" Bruce stood up and walked over to where you were sitting.

"What do you mean?" You looked up.

"You're mad at me; why?" Bruce asked.

You shrugged, "You think I'm mad at you?"

"It seems almost obvious. Natasha even asked me if I did something to make you mad, did I?" Bruce raised an eyebrow.

"Natasha commented on that?" You whispered, a small smile forming on your face, "She had noticed that I was upset?"

Bruce's jaw dropped as he pieced things together, "You have a thing for Nat, don't you?"

"What? No, hey, is there a stereo in here? I think we should listen to some-"

"You just confirmed my theory by dodging the question," Bruce smirked, stopping you from moving, "Why don't you just talk to her?"

You laughed loudly, "Yeah, right."

"No, I'm serious," Bruce kneeled down beside you, "She talks about you a lot; I think you should go for it."

"I don't know, Bruce."

"Alright, guys, we're ready for you," Tony's voice came over the comm, and you were happy it did. It stopped your awkward conversation with Bruce, and that was probably a good thing.

---

"Bruce, seriously, I'm fine," You punched the bag hanging down.

"Come on, I just want to help you," Bruce started, "I've been hanging around Natasha lately; I know stuff about her!" He tried to reason with you.

"I am way too shy even to ask her out."

"Then get her a gift! She'd love it." He suggested.

"I have personally heard her say she doesn't think she'll find love; I bet she would think it's a friendship thing," You sighed and hit the punching bag again.

"Not this gift; she told me she wants a particular thing. And you were there too when she talked about it. Think about it, do you remember what she said she wanted?" Bruce asked you, getting you to think, and you started to remember a conversation a few weeks back.

"What's one thing you would want a lover to get you?" Steve asked Natasha in the game of truth or dare that you suggested.

Natasha laughed at the question, "You really think I would have a lover to give me a gift?"

By now, not much of the group was listening. Half of the team was drunk, which left you, Natasha, Bruce, and Steve talking alone, staying up, and having fun.

"I do," Steve nodded, "What would you like a lover to get you?"

Natasha pulled her phone out, and after scrolling for a second, she showed the picture.

"A necklace," You whispered with a smile, "The same type her mother wore," You looked up at Bruce, "I have a mission; I'll see you later!"

Bruce walked out of the training room way behind you with a massive smile on his face. Tony laughed when he passed Bruce, "What's got you so happy?"

"I'm making love come together," Bruce nodded and headed to his lab.

After a couple of days of non-stop searching, you finally found it. You went to as many jewelry stores as you could in order to locate the necklace; you would not give up. And finally, you found it. The price was a bit debatable, but it wasn't too bad. It was more so finding it that angered you.

You rushed back to the base, hoping Natasha wasn't on a mission and was easy to find. You ran inside, and luckily, she was right in the kitchen alone.

"Hey, you've been gone for the past few days. Where were you?" She smiled as she put together a sandwich.

"I was looking for something," You smiled.

"Did you find it?"

"Indeed," You pulled the box out from behind your back and slid it on the table to her.

"Oh," Natasha gasped. "You really didn't have to."

"I wanted to, please, Nat, look at it," You urged her to open it. Reluctantly, she grabbed the small box and opened it, her jaw-dropping at the sight of the necklace from her past.

"How did you- where did you- why?" She stuttered out, taking the necklace carefully out of the box.

"It doesn't matter how or where, but does it show you that someone is capable of loving you? Because I'm pretty sure I am, and I'm too shy to say anything, so I was hoping to show you."

"Yes, it does show me someone can love me. And I am beyond glad it was you."