Lachlan's Bae

POV: Vik

Warnings: None

Word Count: 1500

-Begin Chapter-

Preston and I sat on the bed in my room, well what used to be to be my room. It has basically become my recording room now, I never sleep in here anymore. I am usually in either Simon, Josh, or JJ's room, buried comfortably in their arms.

"Vik, I don't know what to do." Commented Preston as he looked up at the ceiling.

"What to do you mean?" I asked, looking over at him to see his face hard with concentration.

"I am going home in a few days and I don't want to."

"Why not?" I asked, continuing to look at him. "You know you can stay here as long as you want. None of us mind."

"I know, but that won't solve my problem. Vik. I want to stay here forever. I want to move here and never leave, but I can't just do that. I have my family and my fans will want to know why. It is just not that easy. I'm not ready to come out and tell them all of this. Not yet."

I felt a pain in my heart and understood why Preston was going to have a problem if he wanted to stay.

"Vik, I need to think of something. I don't want to leave the Cals." He said truthfully, a tear escaping from his eye. "I don't want to be without them ever."

"Why Preston?" I asked, "You barely know them."

"I know." He replied looking back at the ceiling, "But I can't help how I feel."

"How do you feel?" I pressed.

"I feel like my life wouldn't be complete without them. Like if I took even one away, my life would just be an empty hole. They make me so happy and feel so loved. Never have I had anyone make such an effort to take care of me as they have. Vik, they lost so much sleep because they had to take care of me because of my nightmares. Never once did they complain, just smiled at me and told me sweet things and comforted me. Vik, I don't ever want to be without them."

"Preston," I called out to him, causing him to look at me. "Are you sure you feel that way? In your heart?"

He nodded at me. "Yes, I do. I love them Vik, both Cal and Callux."

I smiled at him, I could see the honesty in his eyes and the honesty in his voice.

"Then we will figure something out so you can still be with them. I won't let you guys be separated. You obviously deeply care about them and I can tell they deeply care about you. I am gonna help you figures something out so you can be with them."

"Really?" he asked hopefully

"Yeah, I've got your back bro. You know, the way you described how you felt is how I feel about my boys. So don't worry, I'll help you. I promise."

"Thank you, Vik." Replied Preston, moving to hug me. I returned the hug holding him tight.

After a few minutes, we pulled away.

Suddenly a thought accord to me.

"Hey, Preston," I asked.

"Yeah."

"Something has been kind of bugging me. Who did Lachlan find that caused him to pull out of the Pack relationship?"

Preston sighed and looked away, staring down at the bed. I reached out to squeeze his hand.

"Preston."

"It's my cousin Landon."

I took a moment to let that sink in before I answered loudly,