Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I woke up to loud knocking on my door. I tried to fix my hair and look decent enough before opening the door. I found a grinning Jace standing there, looking wide awake.

He looked me up and down slowly, his grin morphing into something else. I looked down to what I was wearing and tried to walk away into the restroom. I had on some short shorts with a singlet. Jace had looked at me that same way he did yesterday while we were getting in the lake.

I came out after changing into a pair of clean jeans, leaving the singlet on.

“How are you doing?” Jace was lying down on his back in my bed, with his hands under his head.

“I need to buy some clothes,” I told him as I looked inside my back pack for my toiletries.

“I’ll take you to the mall today. The closest one is about half hour, so we should leave soon.” I looked at him weirdly, but nodded my head either way.

The mall was packed with people. I didn’t expect any less, it was the mall after all. I went through several stores and settled with five pairs of jeans and eight blouses. I bought two pairs of new sandals and a suitcase to carry everything in once I moved again.

It would be easier to carry more now that I wasn’t running away.

I was tempted to buy more, but Jace insisted on paying everything. I felt embarrassed because he didn’t have to do that, but he wouldn’t allow me to pay.

After we were done shopping, it was almost two in the afternoon. We had been in the mall a couple of hours.

“Where to now?” Jace asked me, while he carried the bags and suit case.

“I’m done, so we can leave,” I responded, shrugging.

“Let’s go to the food court,” Jace suggested.

I agreed and he led us to an empty table in the food court.

“I’ll go drop these off in the car. Then we can order,” Jace told me, pointing at the things he was carrying.

“Sure,” I replied.

“I hope that you buying more clothes, means you might stay in town longer,” Jace said, looking hopeful.

“I’m not sure, but I’m glad you didn’t turn out to be a bad guy,” I replied, offering a smile.

Jace leaned down and pressed his lips on mine. I didn’t move him away because it felt nice to kiss him. Alpha Nicolas’ kisses were always so intense, but Jace gave off happiness and stability.

He walked away right after kissing me. I thought about what had just happened. My heart and mind were telling me it was wrong. For some reason, my Wolf was going crazy inside of me.

I thought that she possibly liked kissing Jace, but with her, it was always more complicated. I got up from the chair quickly, and made my way out of the food court section.

I was walking too fast, not paying attention to my surroundings, when I crashed with something hard. I was about fall to the ground but someone steadied me by the waist and set me straight. My Wolf was yelling to be set free and electricity was running all over my body.

I looked up into a beautiful set of blue eyes. The guy who had straightened me was still holding my waist and looking directly into my eyes. He was breathtaking. In my eighteen years, I had seen plenty of handsome guys, but the one in front of me was by far the best.