Chapter 5.

Getting my hours straight was certainly harder than I'd thought it would be. 

Last night after I arrived back to my room, I took my dear sweet time eating and then took another long bath before finally giving in around two in the morning and going to sleep. Fern had done as she promised by getting me a clock to put on my nightstand, and I groaned when I saw that it was already three in the afternoon.

There was a soft knock on my door and Fern came in carrying a tray and wearing a kind smile. "I see you're having trouble with the time as well." She commented, setting the tray of breakfast out on the table. "That's alright though, Miss, the other girls are too. That's why they've decided to move up the meeting for you girls so that you aren't bored out of your minds. It'll be at five, which is a bit early for us, but everyone wants to make sure you girls are made comfortable."

I rolled out of my bed and drug my feet over to the table. "What meeting?" I asked with a mouthful of toast.

"You and the other girls are having a small meeting to go over rules, schedules, and that type of thing. After that you're all free to do whatever you please, there aren't any plans with the prince tonight. I'm told he's quite busy today."

All I wanted to be free to do was get the hell out of here, especially after the mention of the prince made me choke on my toast picturing his smile from last night and the kindness he'd showed me.

I downed my glass of orange juice and headed for the washroom to take another bath, but I was held up when there was another knock on the door. Fern rushed over to open it and a man came in carrying an obnoxiously large bouquet of flowers. "Delivery for Miss Rachel from the prince." The man announced as he displayed them on the vanity.

"Oh my, how lovely." Fern cooed over them. "You must have really made an impression, as I was sure you would." She giggled.

There were lilies, carnations, daisies, and peonies all beautifully arranged. I ran my hand across the top of the petals and smiled. They really were beautiful, which only made my heart do this weird fluttering thing and I didn't want to even think about why.

Fern helped me get ready for my day, well, my night. She and the other girls styled my hair into a long braid that wrapped over one of my shoulders, and they did my makeup again, but this time a little less dramatically. I picked out a flowy little white cotton summer dress that had little blue buttons running up the back and Fern paired it with a white pair a heels.

Once she was satisfied with the way I looked, she rushed me down to the conference room that the meeting was going to be held in. This time I was the first girl to arrive, rather than the last. The room was very simple. Just plain stone walls, and four round tables with folding chairs. In the front of the room was Master Pedro, who nodded his head to me as I walked in and took a seat. He stood behind a podium and shuffled through some papers while he waited for the other girls.

Not long after me, the girl Greer had pointed out to me as Lexton, walked in and took a seat at the table next to me. "Hello." She said with a smile. She had a strange accent, but she was very pretty. Her smile was kind and she had a long slender face that went well with her tall thin frame. "I did not get to meet you last night."

"Yeah, I was a little upset last night." I blushed. "I'm Rachel."

"Nice to meet you." She said shaking my hand. "My name is Lexton."

Tessa, Frankie, and Regina all walked in at the same time. The three of them already in a deep conversation and not one of them bothering to acknowledge Lexton or me. Finally Greer shuffled into the room with swollen eyes. "Are you alright?" I asked her as she took the seat beside me. It was clear she had been crying.