Take a Hint (Tyus Jones) -Sierra-

This one is for lalqgirl07 ! Yo, I made it so long so I hope you like it! Make sure to let me know what you think (:

-Sierra's POV-

"Jen, I really don't want to go to the game tonight. I'm not feeling too well,"I groaned, watching my best friend Jennifer fix her hair in the mirror.

She turned around and said,"No, you have to. I bought us the tickets because I know you like the Timberwolves. You can't just leave me hanging like this, Sierra." I sighed,"Fine. I'll go for you."

That night, Sierra and I went to Target Center to watch the Timberwolves play against the Magic. Even though I wasn't feeling good, I really got into the game. Jennifer and I were sitting really close to the court so it was really easy to follow what was going on.

Tyus Jones, one of my favourite players, was sitting on the bench right in front me. I was obviously trying really hard not to fangirl the whole time, which I was successful at doing.

At one point, he turned around and asked me,"Hey, you good?" I was starting to feel really sick and I guess he saw it. I gave him a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks,"I replied. Tyus handed me a bottle of water. "Nah, you don't look too good. Here. Maybe this will help."

"Thank you so much,"I thanked. I really needed that. He just gave me a smile before paying attention to his teammates playing.

I turned to Jen and she was completely freaking out. I shook my head before taking a sip of water.

When halftime came around, Tyus came over and asked,"Are you feeling better?" I told him I was fine and thanked him for his kindness. Tyus shrugged it off with a smile and then walked to the back.

When he came back out, he sat down in front of me again. I couldn't help but giggle at his silliness.

When he was substituted in, I started paying a whole lot more attention to the game. I mean, this man had me hooked.

After the game, which the Timberwolves won, Jennifer and I got up to leave. Someone tapped my shoulder so I turned around to face them. It was Tyus.

He spoke,"Um, hi. Sorry if this is weird, but I'd really like to get your number... If that's okay with you."

I nodded, smiling. "Yeah, sure." I quickly tapped my number into his phone. "I never caught your name,"Tyus realized.

I introduced myself properly,"My name's Sierra. It's nice to meet you, Tyus." He shook my hand with a smile. "You too, Sierra. I'll catch you later, aight?"

"Okay, bye,"I said before Tyus jogged away. I turned to face Jennifer. "Oh my god. Did that really just happen?"she exclaimed. I took a deep breath and nodded. "Yes, that really did."

-4 Years Later-

"Sierra, I'm leaving for the game!"my boyfriend Tyus announced from the living room. I walked downstairs to him and kissed his lips. "Good luck, baby. Kick ass for me,"I said.

Tyus chuckled and nodded. "Anything for you, Sierra. Make sure to watch the whole game tonight." "I always do,"I replied. He pecked my lips one more time before leaving.

An hour later, I gathered some snacks and settled on the couch, waiting for the game to start. When it was finally on, I cheered like crazy.

The Timberwolves won and after the game, Tyus was being interviewed. He talked about how well the team worked together and how everyone was able to find their rhythm and contribute to the win.

But then the interviewer asked,"What will you be doing tonight to celebrate this win?"

Tyus answered,"Well, I actually have something special planned for my girlfriend. Sierra, I know you're watching this, so go up to our bedroom and follow the clues."

My mouth dropped. I was honestly really excited but also super surprised.

I went up to Tyus and I's bedroom and saw a note on the bed. It said: Glad to know you actually watched me on TV! Time for cluessss! Go where I first asked you to be my girlfriend. You'll find the next clue over there.

I smiled, grabbing a jacket before driving over to the movie theatre he kissed me for the first time.

There, this lady asked,"Are you Sierra?" I slowly nodded. She smiled, handing me a piece of paper.

I read out the note. "Aye, good job princess. At least you got that remembered. Now, let's try something a bit harder. Go to the place I always talk about which makes you mad."

Psht, how's that hard? I giggled and thanked the lady before getting back into my car. I know exactly what place he's talking about. The damn gym.

Once I got there, I tried to open the door, but it was locked. The gym was closed.

I bit my lip, searching around for any hints. Nope, nothing.

I remembered a side door that Tyus was talking about once so I walked over to it. There was a paper taped to it that said: You're smart, my love. But unfortunately the surprise isn't here. You'll need to go to your favourite place.

I smiled to myself, going back to my car. I drove over to my favourite place, the park by our house.

It was dark outside, so I turned on my phone's flashlight. "Tyus, baby? You here?"I called.

The light shone over a piece of paper taped to a tree. I walked over to it and mumbled to myself,"Okay, now last step. Turn around and say yes." Wait, what...?

Suddenly all the trees in the park lit up. It was absolutely beautiful. I gasped, turning around.

There Tyus was, on one knee, holding out a ring. "Sierra, my life would be nothing without you. You're the person who makes me happiest in the world. I don't know what I would do without you. So Sierra, will you make me the luckiest man in the world by marrying me?"

Tears brimmed in my eyes as I nodded. "Of course, Tyus,"I whispered.

Tyus chuckled nervously, slipping the ring onto my finger. He stood up and kissed me. "Thank you for saying yes. I don't know what I would've done if you said no,"he mumbled, hugging me.

"I love you so much, Tyus."

"I love you more, Sierra."