Chapter 25 - Drunk And I Am Seeing Stars

"Hey I'm Matt, it's nice to meet you. It's Jamie isn't it?" He spoke with a kindly tone as he shook his hand firmly.

"Yes, you too." Jamie replied, his voice contained a hint of envy as he let out a weak smile. The air stood still as the others watched in silence.

"I'm glad you could make it Jamie, I don't remember seeing you last time." Emily chimed in, breaking the silence.

Jamie froze and the weak smile left his face. 'Did Emily know about what happened that night?' he thought to himself, "I was here the whole time" he laughed, "you must've been preoccupied with something else, or should I say someone." Evan smirked whilst Naomi laughed. Adriana's eyes glared at him, she couldn't let the resentment go.

"So how did you two meet?" Jamie asked Adriana curiously.

"We met on the night of Evan's party actually, I was upset about some things and he comforted me." Adriana replied slowly, letting Jamie feel the words stab his body.

"What have you been up to anyway Jamie?" Jemima posed. She could see that there was a strange tension between the two of them and tried to change the subject. Carefully she thought about why there would be any awkwardness between them but couldn't come to any solid conclusion as she took another drink from the glass.

"Nothing at all really, I went down to the bridge today though, It's really quite sad to see how much it's changed since we were kids." His words were abundant with nostalgia whilst his minded drifted to the past.

"I know, when me and Evan went it was so spooky to see it abandoned by the world." Emily thought back to that day as the murky water stood still.

"Abandoned by the world, or by us?" Jemima proposed, allowing them all to think back to their childhood days.

"We practically lived there when we were younger," Naomi said, "and then we left it behind, it waited and waited for us to come back but we never did."

"Until it was too late," Adriana finished. "But we can't let ourselves be upset by what happened, we just have to carry on and make the most of what we have while it's still there. The bridge may be a deserted wreck but we can still go and make more memories there, before it's gone forever."

"We should start going back, for old time's sake." Emily added.

"Do you remember the day when we were all sat there throwing stones into the river to see who get theirs the furthest," Jamie said feeling a sense of belonging as they all sat there and remembered together, "Or the time that Emily slipped and fell down the hill." He went on, as all of the group laughed. All of the group apart from Matt, he felt like he was stranded on a desert island whilst the ocean of their memories splashed against him.

"We all laughed so hard that day, they're the times that I was I could back and relive." Adriana uttered quietly, her voice mirrored her emotion, the emotion that comes when looking on the good times in your past. The pain to think that now it was all just a memory, a memory that wouldn't last forever and would be forgotten over time.

"We definitely need to go back sometime soon, all of us together reliving our childhood memories." Naomi suggested. As soon as the words came out of her mouth Evan felt a droplet of rain hit his head as dark clouds pervaded the air. "I think we should go inside before we get absolutely drenched." His words made everyone look up as the sun faded into the horizon and the moon started to rise alongside the dark clouds.