Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Services

The EMTs rushed Jason in. They had managed to wake him up after performing CPR so much. But he quickly passed out as soon as he woke up. He looked so pale and frail. They wouldn't let Marco and I to the emergency room so we waited in the waiting room. I was cold since I'm still a little wet and only in my swim suit. We didn't have time to grab clothes.

"I'm going to call everyone." Marco said glumly. He got up and walked over towards a vending machine.

Bella sat on my lap, playing with her doll that I quickly grabbed for her. She's so oblivious of her brother being in the emergency. Babies are so carefree. They have no stress on their shoulders and no one expects anything from them.

After about 30 minutes, our friends and parents were here. My mom brought us clothes and I quickly changed into them. The first thing my dad did was charge at Marco. He slammed Marco against the wall and pointed a finger at him.

"You... you've only brought hurt to my family and now to yours! What are you good for?" My dad yelled.

"Release him!" Ms. Ramirez yelled at my dad.

"How can you be so irresponsible to leave the back door open?" My dad ignored Ms. Ramirez. "You have a pool now, you're supposed to be more careful! You can't even care for your own children! I want to hit you so bad for endangering my grandkids, but I can't."

"Go ahead." Marco said. "Like it would make a difference. I know I'm nothing but a screw up, but I try anyway. And even if you did hit me you'd still hate me. You'll hate me 'till the day you die. I try to treat Bailey right and raise my kids well, but you still hate me. I'm going to try and raise our third child just as well, but I'm sure I'll screw up somewhere along the way. And when I do, you'll be right there to rub it in my face and make me feel bad. That's all you're good for. So go ahead and hit me. It won't make a difference in the least."

"Third child?"

I forgot that my dad doesn't know that I'm pregnant again. I told Marco but forgot to tell my dad. My dad looked at me.

"Baby number three?" My dad said. He released Marco and came over to me.

"Sorry, I forgot to tell you. I'm 10 weeks pregnant with baby number three."

"You're still so young." He said. "Couldn't you have waited a while?"

"It was an accident. I stopped taking my birth control for a few months. I'm sorry to disappoint you."

"No, no, I'm not disappointed. I just wish you'd stop giving him more kids to raise. I'm afraid they'll turn out like him."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ms. Ramirez stepped in.

My dad and Ms. Ramirez argued. I sighed and walked over to Marco giving him a hug.

"I'm sorry about him." I said.

"It's not your fault. He's just protective of you."

"Mr. and Mrs. Millet?" A woman asked us. I released Marco and turned to her. She was a very thin woman with long curly blonde hair and green eyes. She looked to be in her twenties and she wore a grey suit.

"Yes." I answered.

"I'm with social services. I'm here to talk about your son Jason."
"Is he alright? Can we see him?" Marco quickly asked.

"He's fine, but I need to talk to you before you can see him. Now are you two married?"

"Yes." I answered.