Chapter 80: Relieving Tensions

Fenrir looked up at the mountain of stairs as he uncertainly sniffed the first step in cowardly inspection as he attempted to build up the courage to tackle the tall structure.

The pup jumped onto the first step, scuttling its small body onto the flat surface. After evaluating the struggle of the very first level, Fenrir dishearteningly looked up to see the mountain that was yet to be tackled and whined as he began his harsh journey.

After an effortful struggle, the dog managed to lift its small body to the very top where it took a moment to pant at its work, before he began sniffing the air for a certain individual. As it managed to lock onto a familiar scent, he began making his way as his small feet took him in the search for his master.

As the small creature made it to the end of the corridor where he was lead by the scent, he sniffled the air for any trace of the girl before he managed to locate it to a room.

He happily jumped up and down before he squeezed his small body between the gap of the ajar door, forcing his form to paddle in. He immediately noticed the distracted girl as she amused herself with watch TV, and began attracting her attention by barking with its small yelps, nearly startling the unexpected female.

"Fenrir?! Oh my god, where did you come from?" She quickly moved to the edge of the bed to scoop the creature up in her hand and bring him to her level where he could rest against her chest. "Buddy, where have you been?" The dog gave small barks as he furiously wagged his tail at the sight of the girl.

The female affectionately stroked the pup and seemed to have lost track of time before she noticed her door opening to reveal the male that had taken up the duty of searching for the lost animal.

Alex prepared to go in before his attention was caught, as he inspected the newly mended door with a suspicious gaze. The boy focused back on the girl before moving closer. (Y/n) stiffened at the cold air that he emitted and tried to shuffle away from him while holding onto the squirming dog for comfort, making her intentions fairly obvious to the boy.

"You always try to stay away from me." The girl gulped as she could feel her heartbeat increasing with every step he approached. "No matter how much I try to keep you away from someone else, you still move away from me."

"Alex, what's all this about? What are you talking-" The girl quickly halted her words as she felt the boy's hand grasping the back of her head as her face was pulled to linger mere inches away from the boy's. "Alex stop!"

"That door was broken. Who fixed it?" He intently watched for the girl's answer, viewing for any sort of reaction that would allow him a clue for who it could have been.

"What's gotten into you?! Why does it even matter?! Let me go!" The girl tried to pull out of the boy's grasp, only for her face to be placed in the male's hands.

"Was it Bako?" The girl froze in place at the initiative guess he made, giving him the confirming answer he desired. "I see..."

(Y/n) shoved the boy off as she shuffled as far back as possible. "Alex what's wrong with you?!"

"Stop talking with the others." The girl stared at the boy in bewilderment before an unintentional laugh came out of her lips.

"You're not serious, right?" The boy gave her a look that didn't seem to be humoured by the claim. (Y/n) watched for any other response that would give her a different perspective on his claim, only to be graced with his neutralistic features.

"They've all tried to harm you in one way or another. Yet you keep on giving them chances. Stop." The girl shook his hands off and speedily retracted to give him a stricken glare.