Extra: 3

In which, after Barry and Parker are engaged, Team Flash decides to throw an impromptu party at a karaoke bar to celebrate.

××××

To celebrate their favorite couple on their engagement, every round of drinks was paid for by another member of the group. In simplest terms, the entire gang was drunk off their asses.

They were at Iris' turn, the fourth round, when the bar decided it was time to turn on the karaoke machine.

Chants of, "Parker, Parker!" from their obnoxious group sounded.

"Hate to be the bearer of bad news, guys, but I'm far too drunk to make it to the stage," sighed Parker, cradling her tray of jello shots closely to her chest.

"I need to see a 'Whip It' round two before I die!" whined Caitlin.

"I never even saw it!" yelled Cisco.

Barry tilted his drink back, then proceeded to slam it on the table, bringing the attention in the bar completely on himself.

"Oh, dear God," sighed Parker.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" announced Barry, bouncing his way to the stage. "A week ago, on Christmas, my lovely lady and I got engaged. That's why we're here tonight, to celebrate!"

Claps and cheers, especially from Team Flash's table, praised Barry's speech.

"So, because I love her more than words can ever explain, I hope that a song can do it for me," explained Barry.

After a short, hushed conversation with the worker in charge of the karaoke machine, music started to flow from the speakers.

Barry almost fell off the stage reaching for the microphone, but he managed to slide it into the stand, then point into the crowd, straight at his future wife.

"Watch it be Celine Dion," giggled Parker.

"Whitney Houston," challenged Iris.

"Twenty bucks it's Taylor Swift," bet Cisco.

"You're so on," said Jesse, laughing. She nudged her father. "What about you?"

"I'd like to go to bed."

"This is from one of Parker's favorite movies. Some of you may know it. It's called, 'The Wedding Singer,'" introduced Barry.

"Oh, that is ten times better than Swift," gasped Cisco.

Parker inhaled a deep breath, her smile widening significantly, with no other emotion except utter love. She leaned forward on the table to watch him sing to her.

"I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you..."

"Oh, no," sniffled Caitlin. She widened her eyes, fanning wildly to stop the growing tears.

Barry smiled at Parker. To him, she was the most important person in that bar. He sang his heart out to her, to tell her, to show her how thankful he was to have a future with her.

"I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh, it could be so nice, growing old with you

I'll miss you
Kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold

Need you
Feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control..."

Barry leaned from the microphone to laugh, entirely knowing that the last lyric was false. If anything, it would be the other way around.

"So, let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink

Put you to bed if you've had too much to drink..."

"She has!" yelled Cisco.

Over the laughter, Barry and Parker kept each other's eye. It meant everything in the world to him, to have her understand then, that no matter what happened in the future, his love would never stop. Any chance he gained to grow with her, he would take, and cherish every minute of it.

"I could be the man who grows old with you," he sang softly.

His voice softened significantly when he saw her crinkle her nose. He offered his crying girl a smile.

Hearing Barry serenade her, conscious of the fact that she didn't know if the song would ever relate to their relationship, brought her heart to clench.

Alas, for two minutes, Parker was stuck in an ignorant bliss. He sang, sounding so sure of the words. It was the first time he fooled her into thinking that it was going to be possible.

"I wanna grow old with you..."