Chapter 31

Dedicated to: GwendolynGomez (THANKS 4 DA COVER ;) )

I decided to make this before I start getting busy again... Things are starting to slow down and I'm sure they will just speed up again and then I would have to hold this chapter back. So here it is!

==== ======= =====

Mari's P.O.V

==== ======= =====

“Okay.”

Okay? Max grinned as I sat there stunned, with what I imagined a, 'What the fudge just happened?' facial expression.

“Come on Mari! Lets go on a run.” Max suggested.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. That was it? That was all he was going to say? I didn't know what I was expecting, but that sure as hell was definitely not it. “Uh- sure..” I responded reluctantly. I really didn't want to go on a run, I just wanted to talk with him more. Besides, that was the only way I was going to make his feelings for Alex disappear.

“Ok, last one to the northern territory line, has to do 100 push ups!” Max yelled, running off and seconds later he shifted into his wolf form.

I sighed, squeezing my hands into fists. I can't believe this is happening. Shaking off all of the anger that started to rise within me, I jumped up and sprinted off towards the territory line. I knew a short cut, so I shifted into my wolf form, dodging trees and branches. There was a mark that indicated the end of the territory and I saw it up ahead. But to my surprise, a large black wolf leaped out of the trees, just a few feet in front of me. I watched him with wide eyes. Of course he would do something like this! Making me think I was winning when really I was just being to prideful.

I didn't know Max knew about the shortcut that I made up, but since it was his territory, he probably had many shortcuts around here. Now, Max had reached the mark before me and in the end I was the one doing 100 excruciating pushups. Out of all the exercises he could choose from, he had to choose this one. He knew I hated it too.

On the walk back to the pack house, we didn't exchange one word to each other. I was particularly mad at him for not taking my confession seriously and also for making me do pushups. I had taken in that he loved me, but does he really love me enough to get over Alex? Over and over again, that question repeated in my mind as I went inside of the house. Max and I went our separate ways to our rooms, seeing as it was ten o'clock.

Looks like tonight, I was going to sleep with disappointment.

*** *** ***

“Wake up, we have lots to do today!” A deep, yet playful voice yelled loudly as the person jumped up and down on my bed. My body bounced violently and I suddenly realized that all my blankets were ripped off of me. I gasped.

Yesterday, I chose not to dress so comfortably. I wanted to wear a soft mid-thigh nightie that I had never worn before. I opened my eyes to see Zach- he stopped bouncing the second I gasped. His eyes were directed at a place I would never be comfortable with him seeing.

“Get out of my room!” I screamed as I quickly snatched a large pillow to cover up.