42~Hierarchy

There's a little bit of devil in her angel eyes- Anon

I instinctively threw the vampires off my body, even as their teeth clung onto my skin and ripped flesh. I snarled in panic and ripped into the vampires, cracking their necks as I went. A snapped neck would not keep a vampire down for long, just a few minutes until they woke up. The vampires lunged at me with deadly speed, aiming for my throat. I fell into the concrete street as the vampires piled onto my tired body. 

    "Achlys." I rasped. 

    The sight of him turning away made my vision go red. This vampire abandons me in my time of need and turns away as his soldiers attack me? I knew my eyes were diluting into the yellow of my wolf. 

    I bucked them off of my body and ripped out a large female's throat. She wouldn't be waking from that. My wolf took control in a frenzy. Her blood lust consumed her mind, bringing out her claws and fangs. She tore the head off of vampire and threw his body into the crowd of more vampires advancing. 

    "You want a wolf? Come and get one." she flashed her elongated canines and tossed the severed head at the clock tower with enough force to shatter the glass. I wrestled control from her. Debris rained above my head and cut into my palm as I grabbed a piece off the floor. I was a killing machine, destroying everything in my path. My eyes constantly shifted colors as my wolf fought for control with me. 

    I smiled at Achlys, the only vampire left in the town. "I won't kill you, old friend." I shouted over the screams of the dying vampires. I was aware of my blood-covered body, and the horror that coated Achlys' face. He held out his arms, "Never." he replied simply, speeding in front of me. 

    Before I could react the high-born vampire yanked the glass out of my hand and shoved it into my stomach. My mouth hung open in a state of shock. This man, who had been in and out of my life, was trying to kill me? My mental walls fell and laid my thoughts bare to my mate, thousands of miles away, in a different world even. 

    He roared through the bond, enraged at the sea of vampires dead at my feet, and the vampire daring to harm his female. My wolf froze at the torrent of his thoughts. Achyls glanced at me sorrowfully, "Business is business, and loyalty is loyalty."

    I could feel every crack of the road and tear of my skin as he dragged me to goddess knows where. 

~

      I coughed up blood as the concrete changed to marble. I finally looked up and purposefully threw up blood on a pristine carpet, woven from wolf fur. I snarled at the smug woman on the throne. She laughed, "Can wolves be trained? Roll over." she laughed.

     I struggled against the chains, "Let's see if you keep laughing while I tear each of your limbs from your body and keep you alive, only to rip your limbs back off as they regenerate. You'll be alive, but just barely, I'll deprive you of blood and watch you writhe and beg for mercy. And when I feel like it, I'll pour gasoline over your body and laugh when you scream as you burn alive." I murmured sweetly.

     She stood up from her throne with rage. Her expensive dress was blood red. It accentuated her breasts and tightened at the waist, only to flare and fade to orange and then yellow. I could imagine lighting it up, showing her what real fire looked like. 

    Achlys gritted his teeth and kneeled to his queen. "Queen Evangeline." he purred, smirking up at her seductively. "I've done as you wished, my queen."

    Evangeline nodded, barely sparing him a glance. "Your men, general?"

    He glanced over at me, almost apologetically. "She killed them all."

    The queen laughed, as if the lives of her subjects meant nothing. "She'll be useful, until we kill her of course." Her eyes slid over my body, a high-born expecting scum. I pulled against the chains once again and growled at the snickering vampire. "Little bitch." I barked. 

     She waved Achlys away, "Leave us be, I'll deal with the brat."

     He seemed hesitant, but obeyed his superior. This was how it worked with the supernatural, serve and command. But not Vincenzo, he didn't have to serve, he never did. He was alpha, the first, and I might always be bitter at him for it.

A/N: Was reading this werewolf story told in present-tense and having to write after that is so stressful and annoying because I'll start writing in present-tense and I can't deal with picking apart my verbs. 

Netflix is down for the website and my life just went to shit. Not sure what I'm gonna do this lonely saturday night. Probably just keep checking the website.