Ch•5- The Endgame

I sat with a massive headache in the lab later that night. None of us still had actually processed what had happened. Rhodey paced back and fourth, clutching his injured arm. Banner stood in shock at his lifeless computer, there was nothing left in it.

"All our work is gone" Bruce breathed, shaking his head from side to side "Ultron cleared out. He used the Internet as an escape hatch" I was sitting next to Dad with an ice pack on my shoulder, and the right side of my upper lip was twitching. I noticed that it twitches whenever I'm stressed.

"He's been in everything" Nat crossed her arms over her chest. She changed out her dress into a grey jacket and yoga pants "Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other"

"He's in your files, he's in the Internet" Rhodey continued to pace the room "What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" He asked all of us.

"Nuke codes" I suggested one of the hundreds of possibilities. He could gather so much more.

"Nuclear codes" Rhodey repeated, making his statement "Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can"

"Nukes?" Nat asked "He said he wanted us dead"

"He didn't say "dead." He said "extinct." Cap corrected, repeating what Ultron had said.

"He also said he killed somebody" Clint spoke out.

Maria sat on one of the chairs, picking glass out of her foot "There wasn't anyone else in the building" she looked up from her foot.

"Yes, there was" Dad picked up his phone and walked to the center of the room. He stood and tapped his phone screen. A mess of holograms appeared in front of him. It was all torn up and scattered.

I blinked in shock, removing the ice pack from my shoulder "Jarvis..." I breathed. He took our Jarvis.

Bruce stood near the holographic mess with his elbows bent slightly with his hands up on his chest. Confusion filled his face "This is insane"

"Jarvis was the first line of defense" Steve leaned against the table with his arms crossed, he stared down at the floor as he spoke "He would have shut Ultron down. It makes sense"

"No. Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy. This is... rage" Just as Bruce finished, a very angry Demi-God stormed in to the lab like he was about to start a fight. I watched him as he stomped up to my Father and took him by the neck. He held his body up a couple feet in the air. I know Thor, I know he wasn't trying to kill him, maybe just trying to knock some sense in to him.

"Rage" I nodded, referencing to what Bruce had just said "It's going around" Don't get me wrong guys, I love my Father, but it's his fault that this is happening. He needs a good smack in the face... or choke.

"Come on, use your words, buddy" Dad tried to calm down Thor.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark" Thor spoke in a low, angry tone and stared daggers at my Father who was being held in the air.

"Thor" I called, gaining his attention "The Legionnaire that got away" I reminded him "Where is it?" I was referring to the one who flew out of the window with the Scepter. I tried to get it back but we all know how that ended.

"Trail went cold about 100 miles out" Thor released Dad from his grip "but it's headed north. And it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again" he glared at the billionaire.