Chapter 29: Look, A Happy Family.

Tatum

I had every intention of ripping the pup from my mate's arms if that's what it took to get the rogue filth further away from him but the way his wolf challenged me had me stumped, my father and Alic included.

I knew I'd pay a pretty price for my Jaidan's disobedience. It was a price I'd pay I concluded as I watched the little pup wriggle against Jaidan's white fur for warmth, my mate's body curling tighter around the little lump.

The pup continued to wriggle until it's head rested against Jaidan's stomach, his paws coming up to push at his stomach almost massaging him as he whimpered, and that's when I realised he was trying to nurse from him.

My wolf quickly stood to attention to remove the suckling pup, a small growl emanating from beside me as my mouth was about to grab for the pup's scruff causing me to back off as my mate stood up to gently push the pup off and nuzzle it.

As Jaidan fussed over it, I could see the wounds had started to close together nicely, his blonde fur contrasting the deep red of dried blood that had crusted along the barely sealed wounds.

He was indeed going to grow into an omega.

Testing Jaidan's boundaries, I took slow steps closer, not wanting to cause my mate distress. His ears started twitching and his body tensed for a moment before seemingly relaxing again but I could see his eyes calculating me, trying to figure out how this situation could go.

I could take the pup from him and destroy it in front of him, the way any rogue should be destroyed. Mercilessly and without regret, like watching a bird rip a worm from the soil.

I could take it from him and throw it back to where it had been found, give it back to its own kind to do with as it pleased, like throwing rubbish to a bin.

My decision had been made for me when Jaidan used his nose to push the pup towards me, his head raising, trusting me fully with this pup he was willing to take on an Alpha for.

My eyes fell on the pup as it shook his head at the sudden nudge, his brown eyes raising until they saw me, catching me off guard when his little tail started wagging and his body started hopping along the furs like sand dunes trying to get closer to me.

Instinctively, my wolf backed up from the incoming pup as to not have it come barrelling into my body, wanting to be nowhere near this tiny rogue.

I was huffing, impatient as this dance continued on until I caught sight of my mate still sitting in his spot, his eyes looking like they were laughing at me.

All of a sudden there was a bump into my legs, a little blonde furry head shaking off the attack before his tongue rolled out of his mouth, panting for attention, a small bark chirping from him before he went running back towards Jaidan.

''Aww look at the happy family.'' The familiar teasing tone of my uncle broke our trance, my head snapping to the doorway as I watched him and Charlie enter the room.

I quickly shifted into my human form, grabbing a pair of pants as Charlie's immaturity took over and he fake vomited telling me to cover up my 'goods'.

''Get out.'' I growled, making my way over to Jaidan who had his head facing anywhere but me.

They silently left as I gestured for Jaidan to shift.

I watched every moment as the pale fur receded back into his body, skin slowly taking over and platinum hair growing from his head, his body hunched over and shaking from the after effects of his shift before he stood quickly facing the other way, red cheeks flaring causing me to grin.