quatre

🍦

🍦

*FLASHBACK*
trigger warning: mentions of abuse and homophobic slurs.

tyler whiteknuckled the straps of his backpack as he wondered the empty corridors of his school. fear boiled in his stomach as he got closer to his destination, his legs trembled with every step he took.

the bruises from last weeks session were stil visible on his tanned skin. his battered wrist ached in pain. he wondered what they would do to him this time. how many people would join in, how many would laugh as they watched on.

with shaking hands he pushed open the door to the restrooms, prepared for his daily treatment. he took one step in, the eager eyes of his regular tormentors burned into his face. he let out an uneasy breath as one of the boys jumped down from the counter that had glossy sinks built in.

"how's our friend doing today?" one of them spoke, startling tyler.

the brunette looked down to the floor. unable to answer the boy. his chin was forcefully lifted, face centimetres apart from the other boy.

"i bet you love getting this close to me, fag." he spat.

tyler felt his whole body lift as he was yanked by his shirt. being a small, weak boy made it easier for people take advantage of him. it wasn't like he could fight back. one of the boys came behind him and pulled his bag off his back. tyler heard the zipper being pulled, he watched as the boys tipped out all of his belongings. they placed one of the books on counter, knowing that it was full of personal writings and songs.

the boy holding the brunette threw him to the wall, as tyler felt his head ricochet off it. a shooting spark ran through his body, whimpering at the pain. he closed his eyes, hoping that it was a dream. but he knew this wasn't a dream.

he yelped out as he felt sharp kicks to his chest. his body fell limp to the floor, heavy sobs escaping him. the boys continued to kick him as he placed his  shaking fingers over his ears to block out the evil laughter.

tyler screamed as loud as he could, using every ounce of energy he had left. he felt a rough hand grab his hair, tugging it harshly. the brunette's head slammed against the wall as one boy's lips ghosted his neck, travelling to his ear before nipping at his lobe. a voice sent chills down his spine.

"watch it."

*END OF FLASHBACK*

🍦

he slowly opened his eyes and was greeted with three muscular men, wearing black and white suits. the one in the middle wasn't wearing his blazer, his colourful arm which could only be described as a work of art was visible through his thin shirt. his bright red hair stuck up in several directions. the sight of the men terrified tyler, he was afraid that they were there to hurt him too.

the man who was in the middle crouched down infront of the brunette. his chocolate eyes flickered between tyler's eyes and lips. a blush rose to the young boy's cheeks as a warm smile plastered the red haired boys face.

"you're safe now, petal." he spoke softly. a reassuring hand was placed on top of tyler's, causing him to jump in surprise.

"don't be scared. why would i hurt such a pretty boy?" he grinned. the brunette flushed a deeper shade of red.

"i-i'm hurting." he mumbled, eyes fluttering.

"i know. we'll fix you up." the man bit his bottom lip.

"i'm n-not going to b-be able to afford d-damages" he gasped, realising how short he was on money.

"i'll pay for them." the man rubbed light circles into tyler's palm, soothing him instantly, before taking the young boy's hand in his own.

" the man rubbed light circles into tyler's palm, soothing him instantly, before taking the young boy's hand in his own

"y-you can't!" he protested, taken back by the man's offer.

"i can. i will." he smiled. "now what's your name, bub?"

the pet name gave tyler visible goosebumps, the man noticing this, laughed softly.

"my name's t-tyler." his eyes met his lap, embarrased at how awkward he was.

"a beautiful name for a beautiful boy." the brunette blushed once more. "i'm joshua, you can call me josh though"

tyler smiled softly. he was astonished that someone had saved him, and bothered to stay by his side. nobody ever stays by his side. a gasp escaped the boy as he felt a cloth touch his temple.

"breathe, i'm just cleaning out your cut so it won't get infected." josh smiled, dabbing the cloth lightly. he took his hand away from tyler's, fingertips tracing the boy's jaw, cupping it slightly before their eyes met once more.

"you saved me, joshua."