(24)

Alexa

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" I hear a voice scream, waking me up from my beautiful slumber. I blink my eyes rapidly to remove the signs if sleep as I look up to see Zoë and mom looking at me with a wide smiles. I look at the weirdly as they complete smiling like Cheshire cats.

"Happy 4th of July!" They say together. I smile at them as I take off the covers from me and hug them both. Yesterday was a total emotional and physical wreck for me. After I finally convinced mom that she needn't calling Derek and that the boy was an idiot to shoot me from close proximity and all, Zoë came with tons of sweets. I secretly went to the bathroom after eating and threw up. Afterwards, mom put me a cream for the bruises. What was happening to me? That was a mystery I wanted to find out but after today.

"Go do your business till we pick out an outfit for your date today." Mom tells me while giggling. I get up from bed and go to the bathroom, the bruises were partially healed seeing that they weren't that purple-black. They turned into a light purple now. I do my business and get out to see the outfit Zoë and mom put up for me on my bed. It was a white Coca-Cola campaign till-the-shoulder sleeved t shirt with Coca-Cola written in bright red and my American flag Jean hot shorts and my mint-green converse.

"My Coca-Cola campaign t shirt? Really?" I say to them

"My Coca-Cola campaign t shirt? Really?" I say to them. Zoë shrugs.

"What? It's really cute." She says as she giggles. I roll my eyes as I go back into the bathroom. The color in my hair had become a little lighter like a violet color. I take my hair brush from there and start combing my hair a bit. After it was tangle-free, I get outside and put on the outfit. Zoë sits me in a chair and starts to do my hair in a French braid while leaving a few strands on the front.

"What's the time?" I ask as she ties my hair. She looks in her phone and then at me.

"It's 3:30 in the afternoon." She says. I widen my eyes at her words.

"What? And you left me asleep all this time?" I ask.

"We slept really, really late yesterday. Like, probably after 5 AM." She says as she gets up and walks to my nightstand. She grabs my phone and gives it to me.

"I charged it for you, Noah is coming around 4." She says as she sits and texts someone with a smile on her face.

Wait- what?!

"Who are you texting?" I say as I get up and sit next to her. She looks up at me and blushes.

"M-me? Oh, I am texting no one. Not at all." She says as she locks her phone. I look at her weirdly as I approach her. She looks away and I take my chances as I snatch her phone from her hand. I unlock it and see her texts. Who the hell waa she talking to? Zoë realizes this and looks at me.