Chapter 33: She is Love

Before I could even comprehend it, it was Louis' birthday. Surprisingly he wanted to stay in New York to celebrate his 22nd, which his mum of course wasn't too happy about but in the end did understand. Not only that, but it was Christmas Eve and a fresh foot of snow was expected to come in tonight. It was the perfect set up for the perfect holiday, and everyone was excited.

"Guys we should definitely go down to the mall today and see what kind of sales there are." Marlee spoke quickly as we all gathered in Harry's room midday to discuss the day's plans. "Well given that it is Louis' birthday, maybe we should let him choose." Niall argued and she shrugged, looking to Louis and awaiting him it speak. "I don't really care, I mean, I've done pretty much everything I could think of. Whatever is fine with me." Louis smiled and Marlee turned back to Niall as he sighed and gave Louis a bit of a death glare, knowing that he was in for a great day of shopping with his fiancé. "How about we go out to dinner later tonight?" Zayn suggested and everyone agreed. "Yeah, but let Emma and Lou spend the day alone. I'm sure Louis is still waiting for his present." Harry smirked and I had to push him out of his chair and onto the floor, making everyone including himself laugh loudly.

"Even though that was completely inappropriate and horrible, it sounds like a brilliant idea." Louis smiled and Harry laughed again. "Alright so it's settled, us three will spend our Christmas waiting under some dying string of mistletoe, Niall and Marlee will have a nice day to themselves, and Louis and Emma will get some." Liam clapped his hands together in all seriousness, making Niall now crack up along with Harry.

Once the two boys were able to calm down, everyone slowly made their way out of Harry's room and back to their own to bundle up and prepare for the cold New York weather. "So, what would the birthday boy really like to do today?" I asked once we were back in our room alone. "I don't know, maybe just wander until we find something cool." he spoke from the other side of the room and I nodded, whether he was looking at me or not. I grabbed my heavy coat and scarf, putting them on quickly as Louis did the same across from me. When we were finally ready, I opened the door and ran out to the elevator. Of course I pretend to close it on Louis, but eventually I was kind enough to let him in. "You're rude." he finally spoke as the doors closed and we began moving down. "Hey I just wanted to prevent what happened last time I was in an elevator with only you, besides the other day. But really I was just saving your life. You really should be thanking me, Tomlinson." I raised an eyebrow at him and he scoffed.

"Baby you would die if I wasn't here with you and this damn thing got stuck." he smirked and slowly placed a kiss on my lips. Of course just when I was getting into it, he smiled and pulled away. I glared as we finally reached the bottom floor and the doors opened, revealing the lobby. "Guess Harry wasn't the only one who wanted some Louis-Emma action." he said quickly, resulting in me elbowing him in the ribs. I don't think he realizes that every stupid comment he makes just gets him this much closer to getting kicked in the balls. Now that's some Louis-Emma action.

The cold, crisp air hit me as we neared the door and I shivered as the environment changed. Even if it was Christmas Eve, New York was still a bustling little place of business and work. That made me realize that this was the first Christmas I was spending without my mum. It would've ruined my day, but Jay had called yesterday and informed us that she had invited my mother over for their own Christmas celebrations. Plus, I got to spend all this wonderful time with my boyfriend, even if he did annoy the hell out of me. Snow wasn't falling just yet, but there was still a bit on the ground from a few days ago. We of course decided to walk as it would be very hard to tell a cab driver to just drive around until we found something interesting.

The first things we passed were some of the big department stores where I'm sure Marlee and Niall already were. At the end of the road was the ever so famous Tiffany's store, bringing me back to the 1960's with Audrey Hepburn and James Dean. "Alright, Audrey, get up in front of the window." Louis took out his phone and pushed me towards the store where I did my best 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' impression. Once deeming the picture appropriate, I began to walk even further down what seemed to be a never-ending street, but Louis stopped me. "Come on, you can't have the New York experience without going in." he pulled me towards the door and when my eyes laid on the crystal chandeliers above me, I instantly felt underdressed and well, like a bum. But Louis of course, fit the picture perfectly, making me wish I could just disappear right on the spot as he guided me further into the store.